Guided Walking Tours of Roman Cirencester
Available daily throughout July
A LIVING HISTORY EXPERIENCE
THE ROMAN LADY TAKES YOU BACK IN TIME
Walking where the Romans walked, marking out the Roman town plan, stopping along the way to talk and to examining the contents of her basket. Bringing to life the hustle and bustle of Corinium and its people, by using the herbs, spices and textiles they would have known, eaten and worn.
'Cirencester was second in size only to London in Roman times, and I have particularly chosen the places and ingredients which illustrate life for the people at this important time. Using both the familiar and the exotic , I weave in their ideas of family, food and education, as they took their leisure at the amphitheater or ease at the bath house. I use things people can touch, smell and see to give a memorable experience'
- Event: Guided Walking Tours of Roman Cirencester
- Date: Available daily until the end of September
- Time: Daily walks available at 11am or 2pm (also other times by arrangement) Tours Last Approx. 90mins
- Tickets: BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL Adults £5 Concessions £4. (under 5 years free). Wheelchair friendly. Group concessions for: private parties, schools, colleges, business groups and clubs.'
- Where: Meeting at:The North Door of The Parish Church in Gosditch Street (Under the Big Cedar Tree), Cirencester.