Blondie at Westonbirt Arboretum
Blondie will be performing their hits as part of the Forestry Commission's annual concert series Forest Live.
Blondie emerged from New York's celebrated new wave scene producing innovative music with their rock/disco, reggae and hip-hop influenced songs. Fronted by pop icon Deborah Harry, their ground-breaking material brought them a stash of hit singles such as 'Denis', '(I'm Always Touched by Your) Presence Dear', 'Picture This', 'Dreaming', 'Union City Blue' and 'Rapture'. Few acts can match their 20 year span of No 1s from 'Heart Of Glass', 'Sunday Girl', 'Atomic', 'Call Me', 'The Tide Is High' to 'Maria'. Their singles success complemented by over 40 million album sales that include classic recordings like 'Plastic Letters', 'Parallel Lines' and 'Eat to The Beat' has ensured worldwide superstar status for this pioneering band.
Special guest each evening will be The Lightning Seeds performing an acoustic set of their perfect pop songs like 'Pure', 'Lucky You' and 'Change'.
Money generated by Forestry Commission Live Music ticket sales is spent directly on the nation’s woodlands, benefiting everything from butterflies to walkers.”
- Event: Blondie at Westonbirt Arboretum
- Date: Friday 21 June 2013
- Time: Concert car parks open at 6pm with live music starting at 7.30pm
- Tickets: Tickets £36.00 (subject to booking fee) go on sale at 9.00am Friday 7 December from the Forestry Commission box office tel 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- Where: The National Arboretum, Westonbirt, Tetbury, GL8 8QS