Quadrophenia Collection arrives at Littledean Jail
We have been exclusively told of the sale of the largest
Quadrophenia Collection of its kind in the world to Littledean Jail in
the Royal Forest of Dean.
Andy Jones, the curator (although he
likes to be known as 'The Jailer') acquired the Quadrophenia Collection
in December from a private collector. He was up against the likes of
Liam Gallagher from Oasis and the 'Hard Rock Cafe' chain in a bidding
war which ended with the collections new home to be at Littledean Jail.
We asked Andy Jones if he would enlighten us to the final price paid
and of which sank the hopes of his bidding rivals for the Quadrophenia
Collection, but he declined and said only, "Well it cost more than a
pound" - thanks Andy.
The Collection of Mod and related
memorabilia is taken from the cult classic 1979 film 'Quadrophenia'
which tells the story of the infamous Brighton riots between the Mods
and Rockers in the mid 1960's.
The Quadrophenia Collection boasts
two of the most famous bikes on two wheels in the world, one being the
Vespa GS-Rally scooter which belonged to 'Ace Face' (played by Sting)
and was subsequently 'nicked' by Jimmy (Phil Daniels) from outside the
Grand Hotel in Brighton. There is also a 100% replica of Jimmy's
Lambretta scooter which was rebuilt from the spares and extra parts
from other bikes used throughout the film.
Quadropenia exhibits include numerous jackets and clothing, lots of
signed photos, film stills and original posters including an awesome
life size cast backdrop to name but a few.
The Littledean Jail Quadrophenia Collection will be open for all to admire from Easter 2008 at the Jail which is in Littledean - the southern gateway to the Royal Forest of Dean.
7 January 2008
For further information.
• NEW printed guide now available
• Easter Events in Gloucestershire 2008
• Sports Relief this weekend
• Cheltenham Festival 2008 - revised Race Order
• Egg-citement builds for Cheltenham's Big Easter Weekend
• Tickets still available for The Beat + Neville Staple Thursday 28 February
• Van Morrison to play at The Centaur, Chetenham
• Eartha Kitt at Cheltenham Centaur
• Kemble Airport under attack for Kemble Air Day 2008
• February 2008 half term activities in Gloucestershire
• Cheltenham Rises to the challenge for Sport Relief
• What's on at The Everyman in February 2008
• Wurzelmania comes to Gloucester
• School Holiday Calendar 2008
• Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2008
• New Year - time for a brisk stoll in the sticks
• Preview to the 12th Cheltenham Folk Festival
• Last week to enter 2007 Photography Competition
• NEW Web Cam in Gloucester
• What's on at The Everyman in January 2008
• Howlers Winter/Spring Season 2008 (+ new venue!)
• 2008 - A year of events in Gloucestershire
• Quadrophenia Collection arrives at Littledean Jail