New Year - time for a brisk stoll in the sticks
Another year and another year of resolutions!!
We've already got started on the keep fit trail and decided that exploring Gloucestershire with long walks would be the best way forward and more fun than the previous years of dragging ourselves to the gym following an expensive gym membership. Anyway this is free and the whole family can join in (even the dog!). Once you get going you will be amazed at the number of places you can walk and get another view of Gloucestershire (i.e. not the usual one you get from the car).The other day we stumbled upon a herd of deer - it was quite an exciting moment as we tried to get a good photo but unsuccessful as we were down wind of them. (Guess even they knew we had a curry the previous evening).
Once you're snugged up in your winter woolies braving the elements actually turns into quite an exhillerating experience. And hey if it all gets too much there's always the lure of lunch in a country pub. Lucky for us we are spoilt for choice in Gloucestershire.
To get you started we list walks in the Cotswolds every month (as and when the info. comes in) but you can find January's walks here.
8 January 2008
• NEW printed guide now available
• Easter Events in Gloucestershire 2008
• Sports Relief this weekend
• Cheltenham Festival 2008 - revised Race Order
• Egg-citement builds for Cheltenham's Big Easter Weekend
• Tickets still available for The Beat + Neville Staple Thursday 28 February
• Van Morrison to play at The Centaur, Chetenham
• Eartha Kitt at Cheltenham Centaur
• Kemble Airport under attack for Kemble Air Day 2008
• February 2008 half term activities in Gloucestershire
• Cheltenham Rises to the challenge for Sport Relief
• What's on at The Everyman in February 2008
• Wurzelmania comes to Gloucester
• School Holiday Calendar 2008
• Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2008
• New Year - time for a brisk stoll in the sticks
• Preview to the 12th Cheltenham Folk Festival
• Last week to enter 2007 Photography Competition
• NEW Web Cam in Gloucester
• What's on at The Everyman in January 2008
• Howlers Winter/Spring Season 2008 (+ new venue!)
• 2008 - A year of events in Gloucestershire
• Quadrophenia Collection arrives at Littledean Jail