Your chance to create the new Tewkesbury Smoothie!!!
You’ve eaten the Tewkesbury sandwich, you’ve tasted the Tewkesbury pudding, now it’s time to slurp the Tewkesbury Smoothie!
If you’re aged 5 -16 and fancy your chances of creating a delicious, new smoothie for Tewkesbury, please send us your entry. You are invited to design this delicious new Tewkesbury Smoothie for the Tewkesbury Food & Drink Festival on Saturday 3rd May 2008. Entries for the competition are welcomed from anyone aged between 5 - 16 years.
The Tewkesbury Food & Drink Festival organisers are keen to appeal to young people as well as getting adults to encourage their children, nieces, nephews and friends who maybe struggling to find something to keep them occupied over the Easter holidays. Entering the first ever Tewkesbury Smoothie Competition could be just the thing to keep them happy. Winners will have the honour of their smoothie being named as the ‘Tewkesbury Smoothie’ and receive great prizes.
To enter, contact Andy Sanders for a set of guidelines on 01684 272094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All you have to do is have lots of fun designing your pudding on an A4 page including the ingredients and explaining why it should be the brand new 'Tewkesbury Smoothie'. You can do this in any inventive way – a drawing, collage or painting. The deadline for entry is Thursday 24 April, so get your thinking caps on.
Anna Sanders, Tourism Marketing Officer for the Borough Council said “We are delighted that we can get children interested in local food in this fun and exciting way and really look forward to judging and tasting the entries! The main part of the festival will be held at The Vineyards on 3 & 4 May, but there will be plenty going on throughout the town as well.”
11 April 2008
For further information.
• Hot Air Ballooning at Sudeley Castle this weekend
• Vintage Jets to salute the RAF at Kemble Air Day 2008
• Caving fun at Clearwell Caves
• SAVE £££'s - Book in advance for the 2008 Kemble Air Day!
• NEW on-line ticket booking with Stagecoach buses
• Old bangers needed for the 2008 Cotswold Show
• Amy Hatcher coming to the 2008 Cotswold Show
• Performances at the Everyman Theatre in June
• Gloucester Rugby Club tackles the 2008 Cotswold Show
• Out of the Hat - Residents offer extended
• The Red Arrows only date this summer with RIAT 2008
• Performances at the Everyman Theatre in May
• The National Waterways Museum re-opens 24 May
• SPECIAL OFFER at the Cheltenham Chase Hotel
• Tewkesbury Food and Drink Festival – opens its doors this weekend.
• May School Holidays in Gloucestershire 2008
• Asparagus now ready at Primrose Vale & Over Farm
• Enjoy a round of golf at Shipton Golf Course
• Sports Relief re-run at Pittville Park this Sunday
• Listen to the 2008 Cheltenham Jazz Festival PodCast!
• World famous Shakespeare's Globe comes to Sudeley Castle
• Gloucester shouts about its future!
• 2008 Slimbridge Beer Festival
• Your chance to create the new Tewkesbury Smoothie!!!
• Tickets now on sale to the 2008 Cheltenham Science Festival
• NEW high quality maps of Gloucestershire now available!
• NEW 2008 printed guide now available!
• NEW 2008 Photography Competition - Gloucestershire at its Best!
• Do you want to sell your wares at Kemble Air Day 2008?
• What's on at The Everyman in April 2008
• April School Holidays in Gloucestershire 2008
• Last few tickets left for Howlers at the Hall
• Fabulous prizes in to be won April's Competition!
• NEW Cheltenham Food & Drink Festival in June 2008
• Reduced entry to Out of the Hat in Tewkesbury
More about banner advertising