Forest Model Village: Grand re-opening
The Forest Model Village, Gardens and Adventure Play located just outside Lydney in Lydney Park Gardens at Aylburton on the south west gateway to the Royal Forest of Dean is re-opening after nearly two years of being closed.
To celebrate the grand re-opening of the Forest Model Village, they'll be lots of fun and activities for all the family to enjoy including:
- Children's Gift Bags
- Jazz Bands
- The introduction of the new model train
- as well as many other great surprises throughout the day!!!
So for a really enjoyable day out in the Forest of Dean come and join in the celebrations at the grand re-opening of the Forest Model Village and whilst you're there you can pop in and see the wonderful arts and crafts at Taurus Crafts which is located adjacent to the Forest Model Village.
- When: Saturday 16 August 2008
- Time: They'll be miniature magic at the Forest Model Village from 10am till 6pm.
- Where: Lydney Model Village, Lydney, Forest of Dean, Glos. GL15 6BU
About the Forest Model Village...
The Forest Model Village is one of the most enchanting visitor attractions in the Royal Forest of Dean and will appeal to young and old alike.
The project started several years ago, with the challenge of creating a magical visitor attraction to showcase the humour of the Royal Forest of Dean and Wye Valley folk. The project will continue to expand and evolve throughout each year, so no two visits will ever be the same.
In a shady glade, discover distinctive areas themed with humour and mischief, including a new topgraphical 'Forest of Dean' area in miniature, and a 'Giant' area based on Forest themes and folklore. The gardens are populated by six inch high 'Forest folk' going about their everyday business against a backdrop of one twelfth scale (1 inch to a foot!) replicas of local buildings and landmarks. A popular miniature railway steams around the model areas laden with wood and minerals.
For further information.
Miniature magic can be found at the Forest Model Village in the Forest of Dean
• AirTattoo beats refund deadline
• Forty years at Clearwell Caves
• Sunday & Late Night Openings at the Art Gallery & Museum
• Pick your own fruit still ripe at Primrose Vale Farm Shop
• A day out deerhound racing at Lodge Park in the Cotswolds
• Mark Horton coasts in to Out of the Hat
• Kidz Comedy Club returns to the Guildhall
• Premium House Prices For Market Towns
• Cutting-edge Cotswolds?
• What a discount! - at The Wharf House at Over near Gloucester
• QHotels wins AA Hotel Group of the year award
• Skydiving with the Red Devils over South Cerney (with video)
• Gloucester Music Society: New season preview!
• Record breaking ticket sales for Cheltenham Literature Festival
• New funny season as Howlers Comedy Club returns
• Leisure@ official re-opening
• Forest Model Village: Grand re-opening
• An 11 mile walk near Cirencester
• Fun Events at Out of the Hat
• Biggest ever Cheltenham Literature Festival in 2008
• ‘A Day or More’ at the Cheltenham Music Festival
• Europe's biggest mobile log flume comes to Gloucester!
• Review: Dick Whittington Farm Park
• New opening times at the Wharf House
• No tickets available Saturday on the gate for RIAT
• The Longest Day in Gloucestershire (Part II)
• Swindon Town FC at the 2008 Cotswold Show
• The Longest Day in Gloucestershire (Part I)
• Pick Your Own Strawberries in Gloucestershire
• Cotswold Motoring Museum's 30th Birthday!
• The 'Red Devils' are back in town!
• 40th Anniversary Celebrations at Clearwell Caves
• Final appearance of the 'Horse Whisperer'
• Summer school holidays, activities and things to do in Gloucestershire
• Performances at the Everyman Theatre in July
• Racing Day offers with the Cheltenham Chase Hotel
• Summer Sizzler at the Cheltenham Chase Hotel
• 'Cheltenham in Bloom 2008' - Competitions now open!