Leisure@ official re-opening
Splashing good news! leisure@cheltenham announces official opening on 31 August 2008.
Sunday 31 August will see leisure@cheltenham throw open its doors once again, when people of all ages will be invited to come along and try out free fitness classes and swimming sessions. A full timetable of activities between 10am and 4pm will showcase the improved centre which has been closed for more than a year after severe flood damage.
‘’After nearly fourteen months of closure we are looking forward to welcoming back our customers and we hope that everyone will be impressed with the new look centre and everything it has to offer,’’ said Stephen Petherick, commercial manager for leisure@cheltenham. He went on to say: ‘’There will be free of charge activities throughout the day, with something to suit everyone. People will also be able to see all of the improvements that have been made, including a re-designed reception area and brand new, top of the range gym equipment from Precor USA.’’
Councillor Andrew McKinlay, cabinet member for sport and safety said: ''People in Cheltenham have waited patiently for the centre to re-open so I am delighted that we now have a date to look forward to. The wellbeing of people in Cheltenham continues to be a top priority and the centre will help people to maintain a healthy lifestyle.’’
Graham Annand, major loss manager at Zurich said "We're delighted to be able to work in partnership with Cheltenham Borough Council on the re-launch of leisure@cheltenham. Following last year's devastating floods, we provided temporary gym facilities for members whilst the extensive clean up and repair work was ongoing. It's great to see the results of that effort - a fantastic centre that's equipped with an excellent range of facilities for the community.’’
The newly refurbished centre, located on Tommy Taylor’s Lane, Cheltenham, will be home to: an air-conditioned fitness suite, with more than eighty stations; an air-conditioned dance studio; a comprehensive group exercise class programme; a low impact exercise studio; a spin studio; squash courts and an eight court sports hall; three swimming pools and a health spa; with easy access and free parking.
Activities on the day will be offered on a first come, first served basis. Members of the team will be on hand on to give information about new membership packages and pay as you go options.
The centre will be open for normal trade from Monday 1 September 08.
More detailed information, including opening hours, prices and the open day’s full timetable will shortly be available on the website, visit www.cheltenham.gov.uk/leisureat or phone the customer services team on 01242 528764.
14 August 2008
• AirTattoo beats refund deadline
• Forty years at Clearwell Caves
• Sunday & Late Night Openings at the Art Gallery & Museum
• Pick your own fruit still ripe at Primrose Vale Farm Shop
• A day out deerhound racing at Lodge Park in the Cotswolds
• Mark Horton coasts in to Out of the Hat
• Kidz Comedy Club returns to the Guildhall
• Premium House Prices For Market Towns
• Cutting-edge Cotswolds?
• What a discount! - at The Wharf House at Over near Gloucester
• QHotels wins AA Hotel Group of the year award
• Skydiving with the Red Devils over South Cerney (with video)
• Gloucester Music Society: New season preview!
• Record breaking ticket sales for Cheltenham Literature Festival
• New funny season as Howlers Comedy Club returns
• Leisure@ official re-opening
• Forest Model Village: Grand re-opening
• An 11 mile walk near Cirencester
• Fun Events at Out of the Hat
• Biggest ever Cheltenham Literature Festival in 2008
• ‘A Day or More’ at the Cheltenham Music Festival
• Europe's biggest mobile log flume comes to Gloucester!
• Review: Dick Whittington Farm Park
• New opening times at the Wharf House
• No tickets available Saturday on the gate for RIAT
• The Longest Day in Gloucestershire (Part II)
• Swindon Town FC at the 2008 Cotswold Show
• The Longest Day in Gloucestershire (Part I)
• Pick Your Own Strawberries in Gloucestershire
• Cotswold Motoring Museum's 30th Birthday!
• The 'Red Devils' are back in town!
• 40th Anniversary Celebrations at Clearwell Caves
• Final appearance of the 'Horse Whisperer'
• Summer school holidays, activities and things to do in Gloucestershire
• Performances at the Everyman Theatre in July
• Racing Day offers with the Cheltenham Chase Hotel
• Summer Sizzler at the Cheltenham Chase Hotel
• 'Cheltenham in Bloom 2008' - Competitions now open!