New funny season as Howlers Comedy Club returns
HOWLERS PRESS RELEASE AUGUST 2008: From Edinburgh to Cheltenham!
If you are looking for the perfect antidote to the Summertime blues then look no further because Howlers Comedy Club is about to return for its third season. Having spent the best part of August in the rain at the Edinburgh Festival the people behind Howlers have managed to book some of the best new and established acts for the three Howlers venues this Autumn.
Promoter Paul says "We have great line-ups in store for the Autumn with some of the best headline acts around. Edinburgh also gave us a great opportunity to spot some new comedians and support acts all of which will be appearing this season."
When you look at the forthcoming gigs you can see why they are getting so excited with circuit legends such as Reginald D. Hunter and Jarred Christmas and stars of TV and radio such as Zoe Lyons and Paul Tonkinson all lining up for to headline this Autumn.
Howlers has consistently promoted sell-out shows since the club began in 2007. Now with three venues in the local area, 2008/09 looks like another massive season for the Cheltenham based comedy club.
Promoter Becky stated "We think a lot of our success so far has reflected the amount of time and effort we put into ensuring that Howlers is one of your biggest nights out of the month. When we started we wanted to promote a regular event where comedy fans could see some of the biggest names in stand-up locally and not have to travel to London or Birmingham to see a great live show. We love the fact that we are managing to book acts who may be starring on 'Mock The Week'‚ or ‚'Have I Got News For You'‚ on Wednesday and performing for us at The Wheatsheaf on Saturday!."
Addy Van-der-Borgh and the six-pack of John Robins
This year Howlers will continue its hugely successful monthly weekend show at The Venue at The Wheatsheaf in Leckhampton and its double-headliner gig in the Pillar Room at Cheltenham Town Hall. Just to ensure the good people of Prestbury don't feel deprived, Howlers will also be promoting quarterly comedy events in the Pavilion at The Royal Oak Inn as well as a run of Xmas parties in December. Promoter Paul says "We are really pleased to have the opportunity to promote regular comedy at The Oak, the Pavilion is a great setting for a big night of stand-up."
Howlers Comedy Club's first show of the 2008/09 season is at the Wheatsheaf on Friday 12 September with the brilliant Zoe Lyons plus Aaron Rice, Anna Keirle and Tom Craine. Howlers at The Hall returns to the Pillar Room on 24 September with Mitch Benn and Addy van Der Borgh. Check their website below for tickets and information on all forthcoming shows.
19 August 2008
For further information.
Howlers Comedy Club at the Wheatsheaf
• AirTattoo beats refund deadline
• Forty years at Clearwell Caves
• Sunday & Late Night Openings at the Art Gallery & Museum
• Pick your own fruit still ripe at Primrose Vale Farm Shop
• A day out deerhound racing at Lodge Park in the Cotswolds
• Mark Horton coasts in to Out of the Hat
• Kidz Comedy Club returns to the Guildhall
• Premium House Prices For Market Towns
• Cutting-edge Cotswolds?
• What a discount! - at The Wharf House at Over near Gloucester
• QHotels wins AA Hotel Group of the year award
• Skydiving with the Red Devils over South Cerney (with video)
• Gloucester Music Society: New season preview!
• Record breaking ticket sales for Cheltenham Literature Festival
• New funny season as Howlers Comedy Club returns
• Leisure@ official re-opening
• Forest Model Village: Grand re-opening
• An 11 mile walk near Cirencester
• Fun Events at Out of the Hat
• Biggest ever Cheltenham Literature Festival in 2008
• ‘A Day or More’ at the Cheltenham Music Festival
• Europe's biggest mobile log flume comes to Gloucester!
• Review: Dick Whittington Farm Park
• New opening times at the Wharf House
• No tickets available Saturday on the gate for RIAT
• The Longest Day in Gloucestershire (Part II)
• Swindon Town FC at the 2008 Cotswold Show
• The Longest Day in Gloucestershire (Part I)
• Pick Your Own Strawberries in Gloucestershire
• Cotswold Motoring Museum's 30th Birthday!
• The 'Red Devils' are back in town!
• 40th Anniversary Celebrations at Clearwell Caves
• Final appearance of the 'Horse Whisperer'
• Summer school holidays, activities and things to do in Gloucestershire
• Performances at the Everyman Theatre in July
• Racing Day offers with the Cheltenham Chase Hotel
• Summer Sizzler at the Cheltenham Chase Hotel
• 'Cheltenham in Bloom 2008' - Competitions now open!