Master-Chef, great food, drink & music at Cheltenham Food & Drink Festival 2009
The Cheltenham Food & Drink Festival is coming to Gloucestershire 19 to 1 June 2009 with a line up of the most tantalising food and beverage producers in the county. Over 150 exhibitors display their wares.
MasterChef 2009 winner Mat Follas, the Kiwi chef, a self-avowed forager of food head-lines the Festival along with Martin Blunos, holder of two Michelin stars, join some of the counties leading local chefs showcasing local and regional produce in the Intoto Kitchen, Free Wine Theatre talks showcasing the finest wine from Chile, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Portugal and England with leading wine makers, share there knowledge to an enthusiastic crowd.
Real Ale is highlighted by a selection of the best brewers producing the finest ales and cider. Premier and Grand Cru champagnes can be enjoyed in the Champagne Garden Bar, enjoy the finest perfectly chilled glass of champagne or why not sample the full decadent experience and share a bottle of Champagne on ice, with friends relaxing and raising a flute to the sunny days of summer.
Over the three days of the Festival there will be a variety of entertainment from music to street theatre, join Professor Nohair & the Wiglifters sensational fast fingered, hot Boogie Wooogie band; meet Britainís most rejected aristocrat, Lady Christobel bubbles her way from pillar to post, hobnobbing with her public. A derelict dowager, her appearance and joie de vivre create astonishment and mirth. Enduring these less-than royal walkabouts is her trusty butler, a dilapidated, lugubrious old retainer whose cutting asides undermine Lady Christobelís fond fancies.
The Finer Points:
- Where: Public Festival held annually in Montpellier Gardens, Cheltenham.
- Daily admission: £4.00 in advance and £5.00 on the day
- Open Times: Friday 12noon to 7pm, Saturday 10.00am to 7pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm
- Ticket Box office: Cheltenham Town Hall 0844 576 2210
21 March 2009
For further information.
• Vulcan to appear at the Kemble Air Show 2009
• Need somewhere to stay for the Gloucestershire Air Shows in 2009?
• Nine Days to Explore Art in and around Cheltenham
• Wychwood 2009 - Final Line-ups
• "Tapas on the Terrace" at The Wharf House near Gloucester
• Angels in the Forest - Westonbirt Arboretum
• Tree-mendous fun for everyone - Festival of the Tree at Westonbirt Arboretum, 24 - 31 August 2009
• Meet the top gun pilots who will be displaying at Kemble Air Show 2009
• Sudeley Castle’s gardens alongside Eden Project in top 5 gardens to visit in the South West
• SUMMER MADNESS! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel: £89 per night, per room for 2!!
• New art gallery opening at Gloucestershire Arts & Crafts, Brockworth Court Farm
• A taste of Italy in Cheltenham: Bottelinos, restaurant review by Sam Dexter
• Gloucester Quays Opens its Doors to Shoppers
• Hogwarts Express at Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway
• Whitsun School Holiday activities in Gloucestershire 2009
• Green fingered half term holiday activities with the National Trust
• A day out with Thomas in the Forest of Dean
• USAF to star at 2009 Kemble Air Show
• A day in the life of Figaro
• White Room Images- competition and offers at The Suffolk Street Traders Fair
• Rare Vulcan set to soar at the 2009 Royal International Air Tattoo
• Wychwood Launches the First Literature Festival for Children
• Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet announces its line up of opening events!
• A blank canvas at The Brewery in Cheltenham
• Asparagus now ready at Primrose Vale & Over Farm Market
• Name the Science Festival ale Competition
• Little Boots confirmed for Wychwood 2009
• Heston Blumenthal at the 2009 Times Cheltenham Science Festival
• Monty - New arrival at Cotswold Wildlife Park
• Gok Wan to Officially Open Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet
• Royal Navy airpower demo at Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT 2009)
• Last Swan leaves Slimbridge
• Easter Entry offer at Out of the Hat
• Easter School Activities in Gloucestershire
• Send a Little Ray of Sunshine and raise money for Sue Ryder Care
• Cotswolds Attractions Group - Juicy Snails, Dodgy Duck and Naked Gardeners!
• Little Farmer Food Festival - Stalls still available!
• 2009 'Gloucestershire at its Best' photography competition - Opens 1 April
• NEW exhibition - Mini Boutique – from mini cars to mini-skirts
• Night of the Champions at GL1
• Last chance to save £££'s on RIAT 2009 tickets!
• LATEST OFFER! Kids go FREE at Cotswold Motoring Museum
• Master-Chef, great food, drink & music at Cheltenham Food & Drink Festival 2009
• Come and see Henry VIII at Sudeley Castle!
• Great travel offer from Stagecoach MegaRider!
• New 2009 Explore Gloucestershire printed guide now available!
• Kids go FREE at Prinknash Bird & Deer Park
• Spring arrives at Dick Whittington Farm Park
• Air Tattoo Welcomes 51st Nation on board