A day out with Thomas in the Forest of Dean
THE LYDNEY-BASED Dean Forest Railway is running another of its hugely popular Day out with Thomas events from Friday, May 29 to Sunday, May 31.
The popular and classic ‘Thomas and Friends’ series of books will be brought to life with Thomas, Diesel and Daisy entertaining children at the Dean Forest Railway event.
Young ‘Thomas’ fans can see their favourite characters and travel aboard ‘Daisy’, as she races the steam train and takes a story-telling trip into the forest to Parkend. There will also be short guard’s van rides in ‘Toad’ the brake-van, pulled by ‘Thomas’, for a really atmospheric experience. Sir Topham Hatt will be keeping everyone in order!
Other treats – all included in the ticket price - include rides on a miniature steam railway, Punch and Judy, face-painting, a roundabout and the Imagination Station which has Thomas story-telling, DVD screenings, colouring pages and table-top toys. So there will be plenty for the family to see and do.
Norchard Station has a large free car park. There is also a café, museum and a gift shop selling a large range of Thomas and Friends and other gifts.
The doors open at 9.45 am and the trains run from 10.45 am through to 4pm.
For further information.
18 May 2009
• Vulcan to appear at the Kemble Air Show 2009
• Need somewhere to stay for the Gloucestershire Air Shows in 2009?
• Nine Days to Explore Art in and around Cheltenham
• Wychwood 2009 - Final Line-ups
• "Tapas on the Terrace" at The Wharf House near Gloucester
• Angels in the Forest - Westonbirt Arboretum
• Tree-mendous fun for everyone - Festival of the Tree at Westonbirt Arboretum, 24 - 31 August 2009
• Meet the top gun pilots who will be displaying at Kemble Air Show 2009
• Sudeley Castle’s gardens alongside Eden Project in top 5 gardens to visit in the South West
• SUMMER MADNESS! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel: £89 per night, per room for 2!!
• New art gallery opening at Gloucestershire Arts & Crafts, Brockworth Court Farm
• A taste of Italy in Cheltenham: Bottelinos, restaurant review by Sam Dexter
• Gloucester Quays Opens its Doors to Shoppers
• Hogwarts Express at Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway
• Whitsun School Holiday activities in Gloucestershire 2009
• Green fingered half term holiday activities with the National Trust
• A day out with Thomas in the Forest of Dean
• USAF to star at 2009 Kemble Air Show
• A day in the life of Figaro
• White Room Images- competition and offers at The Suffolk Street Traders Fair
• Rare Vulcan set to soar at the 2009 Royal International Air Tattoo
• Wychwood Launches the First Literature Festival for Children
• Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet announces its line up of opening events!
• A blank canvas at The Brewery in Cheltenham
• Asparagus now ready at Primrose Vale & Over Farm Market
• Name the Science Festival ale Competition
• Little Boots confirmed for Wychwood 2009
• Heston Blumenthal at the 2009 Times Cheltenham Science Festival
• Monty - New arrival at Cotswold Wildlife Park
• Gok Wan to Officially Open Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet
• Royal Navy airpower demo at Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT 2009)
• Last Swan leaves Slimbridge
• Easter Entry offer at Out of the Hat
• Easter School Activities in Gloucestershire
• Send a Little Ray of Sunshine and raise money for Sue Ryder Care
• Cotswolds Attractions Group - Juicy Snails, Dodgy Duck and Naked Gardeners!
• Little Farmer Food Festival - Stalls still available!
• 2009 'Gloucestershire at its Best' photography competition - Opens 1 April
• NEW exhibition - Mini Boutique – from mini cars to mini-skirts
• Night of the Champions at GL1
• Last chance to save £££'s on RIAT 2009 tickets!
• LATEST OFFER! Kids go FREE at Cotswold Motoring Museum
• Master-Chef, great food, drink & music at Cheltenham Food & Drink Festival 2009
• Come and see Henry VIII at Sudeley Castle!
• Great travel offer from Stagecoach MegaRider!
• New 2009 Explore Gloucestershire printed guide now available!
• Kids go FREE at Prinknash Bird & Deer Park
• Spring arrives at Dick Whittington Farm Park
• Air Tattoo Welcomes 51st Nation on board