Sudeley Castle’s gardens alongside Eden Project in top 5 gardens to visit in the South West
Sudeley Castle’s gardens near Winchcombe, have been voted as one of the top 5 favourite gardens to visit in the South West by Gardeners’ World fans.
Over 6,000 Gardeners’ World magazine readers and gardenersworld.com web users voted for their favourite gardens from each UK region. The winners in each of the eight regions received the accolade of ‘The Readers’ Choice Rosette’ and Sudeley was voted into the top 5 destinations in the South West, with the nationally acclaimed Eden Project coming number one in the region.
According to Gardeners’ World editor Adam Pasco: “The UK is blessed with an abundance of beautiful and historic gardens and it’s no wonder that millions of people flock to enjoy their splendour every year. We have gathered a wealth of beautiful and inspiring gardens for our 2009 ‘Gardens To Visit’ guide and it was fascinating to get the public’s insight into their favourites. With our 2-for-1 entry it makes it even more appealing to get out and enjoy the best of the British gardens and see if you agree with the results.”
Gardeners’ World magazine’s free ‘Gardens to Visit’ guide is available with the magazine in stores now and features the winning gardens and 2 for 1 entry offers.
Sudeley’s magnificent gardens are celebrated annually during Rose Week, which this year takes place from Monday 8th to Sunday 14th June. Tours with the Sudeley gardeners are being offered at 11am and 2.00pm daily from Monday to Wednesday and Historic Garden Tours, which encompass the history of the Castle and the development of the gardens, will take place at 11.00am and 2.00pm daily from Thursday to Sunday.
Find out more about Sudeley’s glorious gardens at www.sudeleycastle.co.uk or call 01242 604244 for more information.
For further information.
21 May 2009
• Vulcan to appear at the Kemble Air Show 2009
• Need somewhere to stay for the Gloucestershire Air Shows in 2009?
• Nine Days to Explore Art in and around Cheltenham
• Wychwood 2009 - Final Line-ups
• "Tapas on the Terrace" at The Wharf House near Gloucester
• Angels in the Forest - Westonbirt Arboretum
• Tree-mendous fun for everyone - Festival of the Tree at Westonbirt Arboretum, 24 - 31 August 2009
• Meet the top gun pilots who will be displaying at Kemble Air Show 2009
• Sudeley Castle’s gardens alongside Eden Project in top 5 gardens to visit in the South West
• SUMMER MADNESS! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel: £89 per night, per room for 2!!
• New art gallery opening at Gloucestershire Arts & Crafts, Brockworth Court Farm
• A taste of Italy in Cheltenham: Bottelinos, restaurant review by Sam Dexter
• Gloucester Quays Opens its Doors to Shoppers
• Hogwarts Express at Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway
• Whitsun School Holiday activities in Gloucestershire 2009
• Green fingered half term holiday activities with the National Trust
• A day out with Thomas in the Forest of Dean
• USAF to star at 2009 Kemble Air Show
• A day in the life of Figaro
• White Room Images- competition and offers at The Suffolk Street Traders Fair
• Rare Vulcan set to soar at the 2009 Royal International Air Tattoo
• Wychwood Launches the First Literature Festival for Children
• Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet announces its line up of opening events!
• A blank canvas at The Brewery in Cheltenham
• Asparagus now ready at Primrose Vale & Over Farm Market
• Name the Science Festival ale Competition
• Little Boots confirmed for Wychwood 2009
• Heston Blumenthal at the 2009 Times Cheltenham Science Festival
• Monty - New arrival at Cotswold Wildlife Park
• Gok Wan to Officially Open Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet
• Royal Navy airpower demo at Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT 2009)
• Last Swan leaves Slimbridge
• Easter Entry offer at Out of the Hat
• Easter School Activities in Gloucestershire
• Send a Little Ray of Sunshine and raise money for Sue Ryder Care
• Cotswolds Attractions Group - Juicy Snails, Dodgy Duck and Naked Gardeners!
• Little Farmer Food Festival - Stalls still available!
• 2009 'Gloucestershire at its Best' photography competition - Opens 1 April
• NEW exhibition - Mini Boutique – from mini cars to mini-skirts
• Night of the Champions at GL1
• Last chance to save £££'s on RIAT 2009 tickets!
• LATEST OFFER! Kids go FREE at Cotswold Motoring Museum
• Master-Chef, great food, drink & music at Cheltenham Food & Drink Festival 2009
• Come and see Henry VIII at Sudeley Castle!
• Great travel offer from Stagecoach MegaRider!
• New 2009 Explore Gloucestershire printed guide now available!
• Kids go FREE at Prinknash Bird & Deer Park
• Spring arrives at Dick Whittington Farm Park
• Air Tattoo Welcomes 51st Nation on board
More about banner advertising