'Six of the Best' events in Gloucestershire with STAR 107.5FM
Explore Gloucestershire have teamed up with STAR 107.5FM each week to give you a round up of 'Six of the Best' events in Gloucestershire.
festivals to fayres, theatre to muscial entertainment, visitor
attractions to action and adventure activities in Gloucestershire,
Explore Gloucestershire's top guide to the best events in
Gloucestershire each week is there to help you decide what to do in
Cheltenham, Gloucester, Tewkesbury, Cirencester, Stroud, Forest of
Dean, the Cotswolds - infact the whole of Gloucestershire!
This weeks 'Six of the Best' events and things to do in Gloucestershire are:-
Monday 15 - Sunday 21 June 2009
Brief Encounter at The Everyman Theatre
truly classic film is brought to the stage by the world renowned
Kneehigh Theatre Company in an award winning show which wowed Londons
West End. Noel Cowards story of forbidden love in the 1940’s has been
described by its director Emma Rice as “a very grown –up fairy tale”.
- Date: Tuesday 16 - Saturday 20 June 2009
- Time: Evening and matinee performances
- Tickets: from £10
- Where: Everyman Theatre, Regent Street, Cheltenham, GL50 1HQ
- Visit: www.everymantheatre.org.uk
Howlers at the Hall
your mates and get out for a midweek giggle. A night of fabulous comedy
with Jarred Christmas and Brendan Dempsey, courtesy of Howlers Comedy
- Date: Wednesday 17 June 2009
- Time: Doors open 7.45pm. Comedy starts 8.30pm
- Tickets: £11 from town Hall Box office: Tel: 01242 227979
- Where: The Pillar Room, Cheltenham Town Hall, Imperial Square, Cheltenham, Glos. GL50 1QA
- Visit: www.howlerscomedyclub.com
Cheltenham Food & Drink Festival 2009
second Cheltenham Food & Drink Festival brings us another
mouth-watering programme of events. This year Masterchef winner Matt
Follas and double Michelin star holder Marton Blunos will be
demonstrating their skills. As well as food, they'll be lots of real
ales, ciders and wines to taste, and with great entertainment
throughout the weekend it's an unmissable event in Cheltenham.
- Date: Friday 19 – Sunday 21 June 2009
- Time: Friday 12noon to 7pm, Saturday 10.00am to 7pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm
- Tickets: Adults £4 per day in advance, £5 on the gate, under 16’s free
- Ticket sales: 0844 576 2210
- Where: Montpellier Gardens, Cheltenham.
- Visit: www.garden-events.com
Kemble Air Show 2009
air displays including the Red Arrows, Eurofighter Typhoon, US Air
Force and the re-furbished Vulcan which will be making its first
appearance in years. On the ground you can meet the pilots, and with
lots of exhibits, stalls, refreshments, children's entertainment and
much more, makes the Kemble Air Show a great weekend for all ages - and of course a great Fathers Day treat!!!
- Date: Saturday 20 & Sunday 21 June 2009
- Time: All day events - early arrival recommended!
- Tickets: Book through SEE or Tel: 0871 231 0827
- Adults Advance £18.50 (on the day £25)
- Children (6-16) - £5 (same on the day)
- Children under five: FREE
- Where: Kemble Airfield, Kemble, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 6BA
- Visit: www.kembleairday.com/
Dad's Gladiator School at Chedworth Roman Villa
the mighty Gladiators of "Legio II Augusta" fight for your
entertainment - then get your Dad to join the Gladiator school! A great
father’s day treat.
- Date: Saturday 20 & Sunday 21 June 2009
- Time: 10am – 5pm
- Tickets: Normal admission
- Where: Chedworth Roman Villa, Yanworth, Nr. Cheltenham. GL54 3LJ
- Visit: www.exploregloucestershire.co.uk
Gloucester Symphony Orchestra 100 ft underground at Clearwell Caves
Midsummer spectacular performed by the Gloucestershire Symphony
Orchestra and the children of the Forest of Dean. The evening begins
with a guided tour culminating in the main candlelit cavern, followed
by a buffet and concert of superb inspirational music. A inspirational
combination of music, art and movement depicts the story of the
Moonflower, a wildflower that miraculously only blossoms for a single
night each year, deep in the Amazonian rainforest.
- Date: Saturday 20 June 2009
- Time: The evening begins with the guided tour at 6.00pm, buffet approximately 7.00pm, concert begins 8.00pm
- Tickets: Adult £16.00 (Conc. £14), Child (under 18) £6.00, Family ticket (2+2) £36.00; includes concert, buffet and guided tour.
- Where: Clearwell Caves, Nr. Coleford, Forest of Dean, Glos. GL16 8JR
- Visit: www.clearwellcaves.com
For further information.
• Can You Dig It? Yes you can at the Dean Heritage Centre!
• Cheltenham gets dancing to raise funds for local cancer charity
• 2009 Battle of Britain Weekend at Kemble Airport - latest news
• HERITAGE OPEN DAYS: Free admission at Dean Heritage Centre this weekend
• Watch the 2009 Bourton-on-the-Water football match in the river Windrush
• Early Bird Offer. 20% off your Christmas party at Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel
• News from St Augustines Farm - New camera obscura
• Outstanding sales for The Times 2009 Cheltenham Literature Festival
• Free venue hire at 'The Boogie Lounge' featuring the 'Funkasino'!
• Earthworks by painter at the Dean Heritage Centre
• 21 years of Didmarton Bluegrass Festival 2009 at Kemble Airport
• Watch the new Birdland Park & Gardens video produced by Explore Gloucestershire
• Cheltenham’s art gallery and museum wins a £500k grant
• Westonbirt Arboretum blazes an Autumn Trail
• Steam Along to Sudeley! Fantastic offer from two top Gloucestershire visitor attractions!
• A message from Explore Gloucestershire's media partners STAR 107.5FM
• Otter family makes a splash at WWT Slimbridge
• Gloucester Antiques Centre moving to Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet
• Priority booking, exclusive discounts, outstanding speakers at the 2009 Cheltenham Literature Festival
• Explore Gloucestershire Exclusive: Webcam installed at Birdland in the Cotswolds!
• Painted Violins in surprising places!
• WIN family tickets to the best visitor attractions in Gloucestershire + more!
• Watch programme of events video for the 2009 Cheltenham Music Festival
• SAVE 20% - Buy tickets to the 2009 Cotswold Show on-line now!
• Get ready for Summer school holidays in Gloucestershire 2009
• Watch the hilarious TITAN the Robot at The Brewery in Cheltenham
• PYO Strawberries in Gloucestershire at Primrose Vale & Over Farm
• PAMPERING WEEKEND! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel: £325 per room including upgrade!
• RELAX & UNWIND! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel from £89!
• 'Six of the Best' events in Gloucestershire with STAR 107.5FM
• GIRLIE GETAWAY! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel: £89 per person including pampering session!
• The latest news on the 2009 Royal International Air Tattoo