Can You Dig It? Yes you can at the Dean Heritage Centre!
The weekend of the 1st and 2nd of August will be a boon to budding archaeologists, as the Dean Heritage Centre welcomes the team from Gloucestershire County Council Archaeology Service for their Can You Dig It? event.
Anna Morris and the team will be bringing a mock excavation with a Victorian theme, to tie in with the school room and Forester’s cottage at the Museum.
There will also be the opportunity to print your own Victorian wallpaper, and make a candlestick.
Bringing the Victorian period to life will be Ma Meek, the Centre’s own Victorian housewife, who will be in residence in the Foresters cottage.
Activities take place from 11am to 3pm each day. The event is being held as part of the Festival of British Archaeology.
The week after, from Monday 3rd to Friday 7th of August the archaeological theme continues as the Centre invites visitors to participate in the Mosaic Marvels craft activity in their Education Room.
These events are all included in entry to the Dean Heritage Museum.
Dean Heritage Centre
Camp Mill, Soudley, Cinderford, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, GL14 2UB
27 July 2009
For further information.
• Can You Dig It? Yes you can at the Dean Heritage Centre!
• Cheltenham gets dancing to raise funds for local cancer charity
• 2009 Battle of Britain Weekend at Kemble Airport - latest news
• HERITAGE OPEN DAYS: Free admission at Dean Heritage Centre this weekend
• Watch the 2009 Bourton-on-the-Water football match in the river Windrush
• Early Bird Offer. 20% off your Christmas party at Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel
• News from St Augustines Farm - New camera obscura
• Outstanding sales for The Times 2009 Cheltenham Literature Festival
• Free venue hire at 'The Boogie Lounge' featuring the 'Funkasino'!
• Earthworks by painter at the Dean Heritage Centre
• 21 years of Didmarton Bluegrass Festival 2009 at Kemble Airport
• Watch the new Birdland Park & Gardens video produced by Explore Gloucestershire
• Cheltenham’s art gallery and museum wins a £500k grant
• Westonbirt Arboretum blazes an Autumn Trail
• Steam Along to Sudeley! Fantastic offer from two top Gloucestershire visitor attractions!
• A message from Explore Gloucestershire's media partners STAR 107.5FM
• Otter family makes a splash at WWT Slimbridge
• Gloucester Antiques Centre moving to Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet
• Priority booking, exclusive discounts, outstanding speakers at the 2009 Cheltenham Literature Festival
• Explore Gloucestershire Exclusive: Webcam installed at Birdland in the Cotswolds!
• Painted Violins in surprising places!
• WIN family tickets to the best visitor attractions in Gloucestershire + more!
• Watch programme of events video for the 2009 Cheltenham Music Festival
• SAVE 20% - Buy tickets to the 2009 Cotswold Show on-line now!
• Get ready for Summer school holidays in Gloucestershire 2009
• Watch the hilarious TITAN the Robot at The Brewery in Cheltenham
• PYO Strawberries in Gloucestershire at Primrose Vale & Over Farm
• PAMPERING WEEKEND! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel: £325 per room including upgrade!
• RELAX & UNWIND! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel from £89!
• 'Six of the Best' events in Gloucestershire with STAR 107.5FM
• GIRLIE GETAWAY! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel: £89 per person including pampering session!
• The latest news on the 2009 Royal International Air Tattoo
More about banner advertising