21 years of Didmarton Bluegrass Festival 2009 at Kemble Airport
Didmarton Bluegrass Festival is now considered by many to be the premier Bluegrass Festival in Britain. It brings the pick of the best bands from the UK and North America to perform. At twenty one years old this year the festival is proud to have hosted top US bands, The Roland White Band, Nashville Bluegrass Band, Blue Highway, Sally Van Meter and Cadillac Sky. Headlining this year are the high energy MOUNTAIN HEART who are sure to send their audience into a frenzy when they take the stage on Saturday and Sunday at this year’s event.
A message from John Wirtz, organiser of the 2009 Didmarton Bluegrass Festival.
"The main theme of the festival is Bluegrass although we pursue a policy to cater for a wider audience and the choice is widening with two stages offering different styles of music from “Folk” through “Jazz” to “Blues” and other acoustic genres. There is a lot on offer for music lovers. We are constantly being congratulated on the high quality and variety of entertainment on show at Didmarton. Bluegrass fans however, will always be highly valued and especially provided for.
There is a fantastic line up of Bluegrass and Old Time bands keeping to the main theme. So alongside our distinguished guests from the USA will be “Carl Jones and Beverly Smith” who pay a second visit to Didmarton, “The Scoville Units” - Leon Hunt’s new band, “Rabbi John”, “A Band Like Alice”, “Monroe’s Revenge”, rising stars “The Carrivick Sisters”, “Old Yeller Dog”, “The Kitty Hawks” and many more.
This time we are raising the bar on the alternative music front proud to have the fantastic “Chris Newman and Maire Ni Chathasaigh” headlining the folk section. They will be supported by several bands playing all sorts of different stuff for example: “Brejeiro” performing some Brazilian Choro, “Kelly Elliott” with her brand of smooth Jazz, The highly acclaimed “Fastest to Canada” with their eclectic mix of Folk, and many others.
The main programme of music will be supplemented with a full dance display programme featuring “Chequered Flag” and “Applejacks”, and Instrumental Workshops featuring the best musicians present on site are always a highlight.
The festival site amenities are improving too. This year, we will be adding more showers to the already first class facilities. The site is flat, well drained and easy to find on the map. Our hosts the OGRI M/CC will be manning the bars and selling beverages at the best prices to be found anywhere on the festival circuit. And they do it with a smile!
We’re proud this year to announce a new association with Santa Cruz Guitars and Microphone manufacturers: Audio Technica who are sponsoring the festival by donating prizes for the 2009 Didmarton Prize draw. Santa Cruz will have a presence on site displaying their range of high end instruments. The first prize in the draw will be a Model D dreadnought and at £2.00 a ticket to enter the draw, it’s a no brainer!"
Concert times as follows:
- Friday Afternoon 1.30pm to 5pm
- Friday Evening 7.30pm to 11.30pm
- Saturday Afternoon 1.30pm to 5pm
- Saturday Evening 7.30pm to 11.30pm
- Sunday Afternoon 1pm to 3.30pm
Other activities outside of concert times.
- Event: Didmarton Bluegrass Festival 2009
- Date: Friday 4 - Sunday 6 September 2009
- Time: A full weekend ticket allows you to camp onsite from Thursday night (3rd) until noon on Monday. The bar will be open Thursday night until Sunday night.
- Tickets: From £18 - £62.50 to include camping. Under 14's FREE. For advance tickets send STAMPED SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE with cheque or credit card details to: Dimarton Bluegrass, Park Farm, Buckland Down, Nr Frome, Somerset. BA11 2RG
- Where: Site A Kemble Airfield, Cirencester, GL7 6BA
29 July 2009
For further information.
• Can You Dig It? Yes you can at the Dean Heritage Centre!
• Cheltenham gets dancing to raise funds for local cancer charity
• 2009 Battle of Britain Weekend at Kemble Airport - latest news
• HERITAGE OPEN DAYS: Free admission at Dean Heritage Centre this weekend
• Watch the 2009 Bourton-on-the-Water football match in the river Windrush
• Early Bird Offer. 20% off your Christmas party at Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel
• News from St Augustines Farm - New camera obscura
• Outstanding sales for The Times 2009 Cheltenham Literature Festival
• Free venue hire at 'The Boogie Lounge' featuring the 'Funkasino'!
• Earthworks by painter at the Dean Heritage Centre
• 21 years of Didmarton Bluegrass Festival 2009 at Kemble Airport
• Watch the new Birdland Park & Gardens video produced by Explore Gloucestershire
• Cheltenham’s art gallery and museum wins a £500k grant
• Westonbirt Arboretum blazes an Autumn Trail
• Steam Along to Sudeley! Fantastic offer from two top Gloucestershire visitor attractions!
• A message from Explore Gloucestershire's media partners STAR 107.5FM
• Otter family makes a splash at WWT Slimbridge
• Gloucester Antiques Centre moving to Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet
• Priority booking, exclusive discounts, outstanding speakers at the 2009 Cheltenham Literature Festival
• Explore Gloucestershire Exclusive: Webcam installed at Birdland in the Cotswolds!
• Painted Violins in surprising places!
• WIN family tickets to the best visitor attractions in Gloucestershire + more!
• Watch programme of events video for the 2009 Cheltenham Music Festival
• SAVE 20% - Buy tickets to the 2009 Cotswold Show on-line now!
• Get ready for Summer school holidays in Gloucestershire 2009
• Watch the hilarious TITAN the Robot at The Brewery in Cheltenham
• PYO Strawberries in Gloucestershire at Primrose Vale & Over Farm
• PAMPERING WEEKEND! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel: £325 per room including upgrade!
• RELAX & UNWIND! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel from £89!
• 'Six of the Best' events in Gloucestershire with STAR 107.5FM
• GIRLIE GETAWAY! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel: £89 per person including pampering session!
• The latest news on the 2009 Royal International Air Tattoo