Outstanding sales for The Times 2009 Cheltenham Literature Festival
Tickets for the 2009 The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival are flying out of the box office as thousands of festival goers prepare for the biggest and most varied festival ever. Following just a fortnight of public booking a record-breaking 55,000 tickets have already been sold for The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival 2009.
The first main programme event to sell-out was the ever popular James Cracknell and Ben Fogle as they tell all about their race to the pole. However, due to huge public demand we are delighted to announce a simultaneous screening of the event on site at the festival, which will mean festival-goers can enjoy the talk before meeting the stars in the post-event book signing. Tickets for this special screening are on sale now for just £8. We piloted the use of simultaneous screenings last year in response to the popularity of Dawn French's rare festival appearance - and are delighted to be able to provide this option for fans of Ben and James this year.
Whilst tickets are selling fast - there is still availability for most events. Events with Judi Dench, Michael Palin, Jack Dee, Mitchell & Webb and Stephen Fry are predicted to join the sell-out list soon - so festival goers are urged to book soon to avoid disappointment.
As ever, the festival balances popular culture with a platform to debate current affairs. Just a few of the impressive political figures to look out for at this year's festival include: Former Taoiseach of Ireland Bertie Ahern as he is joined by 'king of spin' Alastair Campbell to discuss his critical role in the Good Friday Agreement, party leader of the Liberal Democrats Nick Clegg heads to Cheltenham to discuss his life and career and Vince Cable, Stephanie Flanders and John Micklethwait analyse the current credit crunch and consider how this will impact on the future of capitalism. For a guaranteed dose of lively discussion firm festival favourite The Times Debate returns to ask Is celebrity the curse of our age? Join PR guru Max Clifford, Today presenter Evan Davis, philosopher A C Grayling and The Times’ Caitlin Moran for a spirited and enjoyable debate chaired by The Times’ Editor James Harding.
25 August 2009
Mark Carwardine & Stephen Fry
Mitchell & Webb
For further information.
• Can You Dig It? Yes you can at the Dean Heritage Centre!
• Cheltenham gets dancing to raise funds for local cancer charity
• 2009 Battle of Britain Weekend at Kemble Airport - latest news
• HERITAGE OPEN DAYS: Free admission at Dean Heritage Centre this weekend
• Watch the 2009 Bourton-on-the-Water football match in the river Windrush
• Early Bird Offer. 20% off your Christmas party at Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel
• News from St Augustines Farm - New camera obscura
• Outstanding sales for The Times 2009 Cheltenham Literature Festival
• Free venue hire at 'The Boogie Lounge' featuring the 'Funkasino'!
• Earthworks by painter at the Dean Heritage Centre
• 21 years of Didmarton Bluegrass Festival 2009 at Kemble Airport
• Watch the new Birdland Park & Gardens video produced by Explore Gloucestershire
• Cheltenham’s art gallery and museum wins a £500k grant
• Westonbirt Arboretum blazes an Autumn Trail
• Steam Along to Sudeley! Fantastic offer from two top Gloucestershire visitor attractions!
• A message from Explore Gloucestershire's media partners STAR 107.5FM
• Otter family makes a splash at WWT Slimbridge
• Gloucester Antiques Centre moving to Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet
• Priority booking, exclusive discounts, outstanding speakers at the 2009 Cheltenham Literature Festival
• Explore Gloucestershire Exclusive: Webcam installed at Birdland in the Cotswolds!
• Painted Violins in surprising places!
• WIN family tickets to the best visitor attractions in Gloucestershire + more!
• Watch programme of events video for the 2009 Cheltenham Music Festival
• SAVE 20% - Buy tickets to the 2009 Cotswold Show on-line now!
• Get ready for Summer school holidays in Gloucestershire 2009
• Watch the hilarious TITAN the Robot at The Brewery in Cheltenham
• PYO Strawberries in Gloucestershire at Primrose Vale & Over Farm
• PAMPERING WEEKEND! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel: £325 per room including upgrade!
• RELAX & UNWIND! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel from £89!
• 'Six of the Best' events in Gloucestershire with STAR 107.5FM
• GIRLIE GETAWAY! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel: £89 per person including pampering session!
• The latest news on the 2009 Royal International Air Tattoo