2009 Battle of Britain Weekend at Kemble Airport - latest news
With just over 2 weeks to go things are hotting up with the organisation of the Battle of Britain Airshow at Cotswold Airport, Kemble.
15th September is Battle of Britain Day and so this show is the culmination of the week where heroes from 1940 will be remembered across the country and what better way than to see the Royal Air Force Battle of Britain Memorial flight (Lancaster, Spitfire & Hurricane) take to the skies over Kemble. As well as these Warbirds there will be flying displays by the RAF Hawk which this year carries the branding of our charity partners, the RAF Benevolent Fund, the Antonov AN2, which is the worlds biggest single engined bi-plane, a Jet Provost, Pembroke, Ryan PT22, a pre war American training aircraft, a vintage jet Vampire and the iconic Rolls Royce Spitfire. All of these planes are planned to be displaying on both days of the show.
But the fun doesn’t stop there! In true Kemble style there will be lots of other things to see and do including Military Vehicles, Classic Cars, Trade stands, a display of up to 50 static Vintage Aeroplanes will be flying in and Cirencester Model Aircraft club will be showing off a selection of their models and we will have a small model flying display each day.
Kemble also continues to support both the RAF Benevolent Fund and resident charity Fly to Help at the show. Both charities will be running a joint raffle over the weekend with two fantastic prizes – a limited edition Frank Wootton print of Battle of Britain fighter ace Johnny Johnson flying his Spitfire in the skies over Europe and a trial flight in a chipmunk donated by Fly to Help. The Frank Wootton print, entitled “The Straggler” is signed by the author, AVM Johnny Johnson and Adolf Galland, one of Germanys top scoring fighter pilots of World War 2.
Martin Henshaw, Regional Director of the RAFBF, said ‘Relationships such as the one we have with Kemble are invaluable to the Funds work and fundraising and we are delighted to once again be involved. Everything is in place for another fantastic Kemble event so all we need now is the weather and the public support to guarantee another fantastic weekend of flying and fun for all the family!’
Tickets are available now at just £10 in advance (£15 on the day) on line at www.battleofbritainairshow.com, by phone on 08712 301 079 or at the following TICs: Cheltenham, Malmesbury, Tetbury, Chippenham, Stroud, Bath, Cirencester, Swindon and Gloucester.
4 September 2009
For further information.
• Can You Dig It? Yes you can at the Dean Heritage Centre!
• Cheltenham gets dancing to raise funds for local cancer charity
• 2009 Battle of Britain Weekend at Kemble Airport - latest news
• HERITAGE OPEN DAYS: Free admission at Dean Heritage Centre this weekend
• Watch the 2009 Bourton-on-the-Water football match in the river Windrush
• Early Bird Offer. 20% off your Christmas party at Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel
• News from St Augustines Farm - New camera obscura
• Outstanding sales for The Times 2009 Cheltenham Literature Festival
• Free venue hire at 'The Boogie Lounge' featuring the 'Funkasino'!
• Earthworks by painter at the Dean Heritage Centre
• 21 years of Didmarton Bluegrass Festival 2009 at Kemble Airport
• Watch the new Birdland Park & Gardens video produced by Explore Gloucestershire
• Cheltenham’s art gallery and museum wins a £500k grant
• Westonbirt Arboretum blazes an Autumn Trail
• Steam Along to Sudeley! Fantastic offer from two top Gloucestershire visitor attractions!
• A message from Explore Gloucestershire's media partners STAR 107.5FM
• Otter family makes a splash at WWT Slimbridge
• Gloucester Antiques Centre moving to Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet
• Priority booking, exclusive discounts, outstanding speakers at the 2009 Cheltenham Literature Festival
• Explore Gloucestershire Exclusive: Webcam installed at Birdland in the Cotswolds!
• Painted Violins in surprising places!
• WIN family tickets to the best visitor attractions in Gloucestershire + more!
• Watch programme of events video for the 2009 Cheltenham Music Festival
• SAVE 20% - Buy tickets to the 2009 Cotswold Show on-line now!
• Get ready for Summer school holidays in Gloucestershire 2009
• Watch the hilarious TITAN the Robot at The Brewery in Cheltenham
• PYO Strawberries in Gloucestershire at Primrose Vale & Over Farm
• PAMPERING WEEKEND! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel: £325 per room including upgrade!
• RELAX & UNWIND! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel from £89!
• 'Six of the Best' events in Gloucestershire with STAR 107.5FM
• GIRLIE GETAWAY! Barcelo Cheltenham Park Hotel: £89 per person including pampering session!
• The latest news on the 2009 Royal International Air Tattoo