Have an enchanted Christmas at Westonbirt Arboretum
HAVE AN ENCHANTED CHRISTMAS
AT WESTONBIRT ARBORETUM
Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening from 27 November to 20 December 5.00 - 8.30pm (last entry onto the site 7.15pm)
Admission: £8 adults, £7 concs, £4 children (5-18 years)
Christmas is coming, and at Westonbirt Arboretum the massive trees are getting decked out with thousands of festive lights. On Friday, Saturday and Sundays evenings from 27 November to 20 December, rekindle the Christmas spirit on a magical stroll along the famous illuminated trail.
Meet Father Christmas and sing along to some carols, and pop into the Forest Shop for a host of Christmas present ideas. Make a really special evening of it with the Christmas carvery at Westonbirt's Maples restaurant - open 5.30-7.30pm serving a two-course traditional dinner. Cost £15.95 per head or
£8.95 for children (vegetarian option available). Booking essential, tel:
01666 880558 or email email@example.com
Sustainably sourced Christmas trees will also be on sale at Westonbirt's specialist Plant Centre from 1 December, between 10am and 5pm.
Other Westonbirt treats in store in the countdown to Christmas...
Sunday 1 November - Sunday 6 December
Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday meet the RSPB in the education room.
Sunday 1 and Saturday 7 November
AUTUMN PHOTOGRAPHIC WORKSHOP
Join landscape photographer Sarah Howard and photograph the stunning autumn colours at Westonbirt. Learn to improve your photography, create images with impact and develop your creativity. All levels of ability welcome, maximum four people, cost £120. For further information, contact Sarah on 07760
498112 and go to www.imageseen.co.uk and www.sarahhowardphotography.com
Sunday 8 November
Specialist wood sales held on the second Sunday of every month from 10am to 1pm, from the routine pruning and thinning of specimen trees within the arboretum. Proceeds to the Friends of Westonbirt, cash or cheques acceptable. Free on admission.
Saturday 21 - Sunday 22 November
WATTLE HURDLE COURSE
Learn to split hazel, twist it and build a weave. This is a fairly strenuous two days, but at the end you should have your own small hurdle to take away and a good grounding in basic greenwood techniques. All tools provided. Cost £110 including materials. Booking essential. Contact Brian Williamson 01453 790666.
Tuesday 1 to Thursday 24 December
REINDEER TRAIL - Family Event
Discover the reasons behind many of our festive traditions and help Santa find his missing reindeer. Free after admission. Pay and Display Car parking at £5 per car.
Thursday 3 - Friday 4 December
PRACTICAL SMALL WOODLAND MANAGEMENT COURSE A very hands-on course looking at the use of billhooks and bowsaws, basic tree felling techniques, building and maintaining fires, sorting and grading products and stacking and splitting firewood. The course will not cover the use of power tools. All tools provided. Cost £90. Booking essential. Contact Brian Williamson on 01453 790666.
Saturday 5 December
TREE DRESSING - Family Event
Discover what trees mean to people around the world, and think about what they mean to you. Create your own natural tree decoration. 10.30am to 4pm.
Pay and Display Car parking at £5 per car.
Sunday 13 December
Specialist wood sales held on the second Sunday of every month from 10am to 1pm, from the routine pruning and thinning of specimen trees within the arboretum. Proceeds to the Friends of Westonbirt and cash or cheques acceptable. Pay and Display Car parking at £5 per car.
Westonbirt Arboretum is managed by the Forestry Commission. It is open all year round, and is three miles south west of Tetbury on the A433 (Tetbury to Bath Road). It is 10 miles north east of Junction 18 of the M4, and south-east of junction 13 of the M5.
For further information go to www.forestry.gov.uk/westonbirt or tel: 01666 880220
• Have an enchanted Christmas at Westonbirt Arboretum
• Stagecoach buses Christmas and New Year timetables in Gloucestershire
• All aboard Santa Specials at Dean Forest Railway this Christmas
• Keane to play at Westonbirt Arboretum in 2010
• SPECIAL OFFER! Book your Xmas Cruise on the Edward Elgar NOW and save £'s!
• Will you be listening on 6 December? – The Star 107.5 Christmas Charity Auction
• SPECIAL CHRISTMAS IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE SECTION - now live!!!
• Classical Music & Festive Fun this Christmas at Lodge Park in the Cotswolds
• Review & Video: Winter Owl Evening at the International Centre for Birds of Prey
• Gloucestershire Farm Shops - The Big G’s Big Launch for local produce
• WIN a Gok Wan style makeover worth £500!
• Simply Red performing back at Westonbirt Arboretum in 2010
• Gloucester Quays Christmas Lights Switch on, Saturday 7 November
• A list of Firework Displays & Bonfire Nights in Gloucestershire 2009
• Christmas Adventures at The Brewery, Cheltenham
• The Oliver Cromwell Paddle Wheeler: New unique events venue in Gloucester Docks
• Get Spooky down at Gloucester Docks
• Tewkesbury given the green light to host a national cycling event in 2010.
• Gloucestershire at its Best! Enter your photo for your chance to win £250!
• Halloween fun at Prinknash Bird and Deer Park
• Latest news from Frightmare at Over Farm
• Poetry Cafe launched at Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museum
• Sudeley Castle to host exclusive Wedding Fair
• Tewkesbury Heritage and Visitor Centre wins environment award
• FREE Tickets for DEbassER at Gloucester Guildhall