Status Quo announce Westonbirt concert for the summer
One of Britain's best loved bands has announced a West Country date for the summer. The legendary Status Quo will be appearing at Westonbirt Arboretum as part of Forestry Commission Live Music.
Status Quo have become a rock'n'roll institution. A prolific touring and recording act, they have accumulated total world-wide record sales exceeding 118 million units, with 29 of their 39 album releases making the UK top 20. Classic hits like 'Caroline', 'Down Down', 'Rockin' All Over The World', 'Whatever You Want' and 'In The Army Now' contribute to a presence of over seven and a half years on the British singles chart.
Status Quo duo Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt have both been awarded OBEs in the 2010 New Year's Honours for services to music and for charitable work. This is complemented by a cabinet full of music industry accolades including: the coveted 'Silver Clef Award', presented annually by the Nordoff Robbins Music Therapy Trust for 'Outstanding Services to British Music'; Best Festival Feel Good Act from the UK Festival Awards; a Brit Award for 'Outstanding Contribution to the Music Industry'.
Forestry Commission Live Music encourages people to see their local forests in a new way and return again to explore the beautiful woodland environment and the recreational and leisure opportunities on offer.
For Status Quo, Francis Rossi says: "We like to play the forests each year so we are pleased to announce Westonbirt is part of our plans for the summer, especially as we had a great time performing to a capacity crowd last time we were there".
Status Quo will be performing at:
- Where: Westonbirt Arboretum, Near Tetbury, Glos, Saturday 17 July 2010
- Tickets: £33.00 (subject to booking fee) go on sale at 9.00am Friday 15th January 2010
For further information.
14 January 2010
• 2010 Coopers Hill Cheese Rolling CANCELLED
• Coracle fun at WWT Slimbridge
• Curtain rises on Gloucester Quays Beauty Theatre
• No Gloucester Tall Ships Festival in 2010
• Air Tattoo offers something for the weekend
• Red Arrows return to their ‘spiritual home’ for two-day flying spectacular.
• 2010 Printed Guide out this month!
• SPECIAL Springtime Holiday Cruise Offers!!!
• New Herbal healing Garden at Sudeley
• The Wharf House bedrooms are finally READY!
• February 2010 Half Term Holiday Activities in Gloucestershire
• Tewkesbury Food & Drink Festival Programme Launched
• Full programme announced for the Barclays Cheltenham Jazz Festival 2010
• Air Tattoo Concerts set to take off
• Homecoming of sorts for rare duck at WWT Slimbridge
• New accomodation at The Wharf House at Over
• Cotswolds Connect - the social networking site for the Cotswolds
• Winner of the 2009 Explore Gloucestershire Photography Competition
• Air Tattoo offers 'Earlybirds' big savings - offer ends 28 Feb!
• Sleeping Beauty - another record breaking year
• Latest news on Cheltenham's Festivals for 2010
• Wildlife Photographer of the Year Exhibition
• Status Quo announce Westonbirt concert for the summer
• RIAT 2010 set for MIG-nificent display!
• Winter wonderland at Westonbirt Arboretum
• Tradestand bookings now open at the 2010 Cotswold Air Show
• Enter your winter snaps of Gloucestershire for your chance to win £250 Jessops vouchers!
• Watch the penguins in the snow at Birdland Park & Gardens
More about banner advertising