Tewkesbury Food & Drink Festival Programme Launched
The full programme for the Tewkesbury Food and Drink Festival has been launched today - highlighting a weekend of events to tempt every palate.
Tewkesbury Borough Council’s Lead Member for Economic Development and Promotion Cllr Phil Taylor said: “This is our sixth Food and Drink Festival and it looks set to be the biggest and best yet!
“This year’s programme is packed full with events that will delight all food fanatics.
“There is a huge amount for families too – with an emphasis on the importance of healthy eating.”
This year’s festival programme includes:
- Celebrity chef James Martin
- Local chefs Mat Gabb from My Great Grandfathers Restaurant and James Wronski from Tewkesbury Park Hotel
- Chocolate sculpture with Prudence Emma Staite
- Cyder tasting with local brewer Minchew’s
- Floral Fiesta by Dutch Master Florist Hans Haverkamp
- Family fun with ‘Vegetable Olympics’, ‘Tewkesbury Ready Steady Cook competition’, ‘Yummy Healthy Lunchbox competition’ and cake decorating competition
- Children’s workshop including chocolate sculpture and making a ocean world mural
- Drop in sessions with the Play Rangers, creating vegetable creatures and foodie sculptures
- Gloucestershire Girl Guides will be joining us as part of their Centenary celebrations
This year we are also working closely with local businesses to produce a Tewkesbury recipe, which only use local ingredients. If businesses would like to get involved, phone festival organiser Katie Power on 01684 272249.
The festival team is also on the lookout for new producers of food, drink and crafts who wish to take part in the festival.
The festival organiser Katie Power said: “Food and drink producers wishing to exhibit at the festival should get in touch with me as soon as possible as spaces are filling very quickly this year.
“We are also inviting Gloucestershire craftspeople to exhibit at the festival again this year - after the success of the new Craft Hall in 2009 which is being expanded for 2010 - so please phone me directly on 01684 272249 to book your space.”
The festival flyer and tickets are now available from Tewkesbury Tourist Information Centre on 01684 855040.
James Martin lovers can pre-buy tickets to one of his demonstrations for £1 – early booking recommended.
For more information on the festival or to be added to our mailing list, please phone 01684 855040
12 February 2010
For further information.
• 2010 Coopers Hill Cheese Rolling CANCELLED
• Coracle fun at WWT Slimbridge
• Curtain rises on Gloucester Quays Beauty Theatre
• No Gloucester Tall Ships Festival in 2010
• Air Tattoo offers something for the weekend
• Red Arrows return to their ‘spiritual home’ for two-day flying spectacular.
• 2010 Printed Guide out this month!
• SPECIAL Springtime Holiday Cruise Offers!!!
• New Herbal healing Garden at Sudeley
• The Wharf House bedrooms are finally READY!
• February 2010 Half Term Holiday Activities in Gloucestershire
• Tewkesbury Food & Drink Festival Programme Launched
• Full programme announced for the Barclays Cheltenham Jazz Festival 2010
• Air Tattoo Concerts set to take off
• Homecoming of sorts for rare duck at WWT Slimbridge
• New accomodation at The Wharf House at Over
• Cotswolds Connect - the social networking site for the Cotswolds
• Winner of the 2009 Explore Gloucestershire Photography Competition
• Air Tattoo offers 'Earlybirds' big savings - offer ends 28 Feb!
• Sleeping Beauty - another record breaking year
• Latest news on Cheltenham's Festivals for 2010
• Wildlife Photographer of the Year Exhibition
• Status Quo announce Westonbirt concert for the summer
• RIAT 2010 set for MIG-nificent display!
• Winter wonderland at Westonbirt Arboretum
• Tradestand bookings now open at the 2010 Cotswold Air Show
• Enter your winter snaps of Gloucestershire for your chance to win £250 Jessops vouchers!
• Watch the penguins in the snow at Birdland Park & Gardens