Air Tattoo offers something for the weekend
Organisers of this summer’s Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford in the Cotswolds believe there will be so much for people to see and do at the airshow that they are offering a special discounted two-day ticket.
The Air Tattoo, which takes place on July 17 & 18, not only stages a seven-and-a-half-hour flying display but it also features a large, static aircraft park and a wide range of ground-based entertainment and interactive activities.
Deputy Director of Marketing Helen Webb said the decision to introduce the new weekend ticket was in response to feedback from the public who said there wasn’t enough time in one day to enjoy all the attractions.
She said: “We open our gates at 7.30am and don’t close them until 8.30pm but even then, the feedback we get is that people need more time to see everything. I believe the best way to make the most of the Air Tattoo is to spend one day enjoying the thrilling flying display and free evening concert with the second day spent exploring the static aircraft park and the many showground attractions.”
In addition to aerial displays by a range of fast jets, helicopters, large transport aircraft, aerobatics display teams and historic warbirds, this summer’s Air Tattoo features a Battle of Britain airfield, the Extreme Trial Motorcycle Stunt team, a display arena, a robot arena, a fairground, a large display of classic cars plus concerts by Queen and Beatles tribute bands. There is also the opportunity for people to try water-zorbing and an off-road driving challenge.
The Air Tattoo, which is held in support of the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust, is the world’s largest military airshow and attracts around 300 aircraft from across the globe. This summer’s event will stage special tributes marking the 70th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain. The weekend ticket costs £65, representing a saving of £10 on the cost of two individual Saturday and Sunday tickets. All tickets must be bought in advance. Admission is free for all under-16s plus there is free parking. For further details, visit airtattoo.com
8 March 2010
For further information.
• 2010 Coopers Hill Cheese Rolling CANCELLED
• Coracle fun at WWT Slimbridge
• Curtain rises on Gloucester Quays Beauty Theatre
• No Gloucester Tall Ships Festival in 2010
• Air Tattoo offers something for the weekend
• Red Arrows return to their ‘spiritual home’ for two-day flying spectacular.
• 2010 Printed Guide out this month!
• SPECIAL Springtime Holiday Cruise Offers!!!
• New Herbal healing Garden at Sudeley
• The Wharf House bedrooms are finally READY!
• February 2010 Half Term Holiday Activities in Gloucestershire
• Tewkesbury Food & Drink Festival Programme Launched
• Full programme announced for the Barclays Cheltenham Jazz Festival 2010
• Air Tattoo Concerts set to take off
• Homecoming of sorts for rare duck at WWT Slimbridge
• New accomodation at The Wharf House at Over
• Cotswolds Connect - the social networking site for the Cotswolds
• Winner of the 2009 Explore Gloucestershire Photography Competition
• Air Tattoo offers 'Earlybirds' big savings - offer ends 28 Feb!
• Sleeping Beauty - another record breaking year
• Latest news on Cheltenham's Festivals for 2010
• Wildlife Photographer of the Year Exhibition
• Status Quo announce Westonbirt concert for the summer
• RIAT 2010 set for MIG-nificent display!
• Winter wonderland at Westonbirt Arboretum
• Tradestand bookings now open at the 2010 Cotswold Air Show
• Enter your winter snaps of Gloucestershire for your chance to win £250 Jessops vouchers!
• Watch the penguins in the snow at Birdland Park & Gardens