New Pony Rides at Puzzlewood
Puzzlewood is offering children the opportunity to experience riding a pony and is sure to be a popular attraction at the mysterious and magical wood in the Forest of Dean.
They will be available every weekend from 11am-4pm and everyday in the school holidays. At only £1 the kids are going to love it and it's a great place to spend the day. You can explore a mile of pathways winding through deep gulley’s of moss covered rocks, over wooden bridges and through fantastic tree and rock formations; all set in 14 acres of ancient woodland.
What is the magic of Puzzlewood?
Is it the maze of pathways winding between the moss covered rocks, the twisted roots of the Yew trees or the bridges and ‘lookouts’ that you have to find on your way round? JRR Tolkien is reputed to have taken his inspiration for the fabled forests of Middle Earth from Puzzlewood, and it is easy to see why. You will find Puzzlewood to be an enchanting place. It has an atmosphere quite unlike any other wood you will have visited.
Puzzlewood has an interesting history; It was used for the mining of Iron ore until Roman times, nature then reclaimed the old workings until, in the early 1800s a local landowner laid down a mile of pathways which meandered through the trees and gulleys to open up this ancient forest; originally for the amusement of his friends and children. Since then it is has remained essentially unchanged with the same pathways and bridges as in earlier times, but with the addition of visitor facilities on the Puzzlewood site.
In addition to the wood, there are animals to see including miniature Shetland ponies, pygmy goats, donkeys, wild fowl, highland cattle and rabbits! There is a childrens playground, outdoor picnic tables and a café serving drinks, sandwiches and delicious locally made cakes.
So why not stay all day? Click here for our 2 for 1 special offer.
Nr. Coleford, Royal Forest of Dean,
Glos. GL16 8QB
For further information.
26 June 2010
• The latest from The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival
• Twist & Pulse to Switch on Christmas Lights at Gloucester Quays
• New Season at Howlers Comedy Club
• Simon Pegg & Derren Brown coming to the 2010 Cheltenham Literature Festival
• First Pallas Cat kittens born at Cotswold Wildlife Park
• Unexplored Autumn Colour at Westonbirt
• Latest news from the 2010 Times Cheltenham Literature Festival
• Rare Woodland Bat found at Westonbirt Arboretum
• BBC History Festival at Gloucester Cathedral - 28 August 2010
• Tiny new arrivals at Cotswold Wildlife Park
• FREE entry for kids at Sudeley Castle near Winchcombe
• NEW! Special venue for childrens parties at Prinkash Bird & Deer Park
• REVIEW: The Dean Forest Railway
• New Cider, Perry & Ale Festival coming to Gloucester at the Wharf House
• NEW OFFER: £20 OFF a champagne balloon flight over the Cotswolds!
• A Circle of Friends at the Everyman Theatre
• Summer school holidays in Gloucestershire 2010
• REVIEW: James Morrison at Westonbirt
• Airshow pulls out all the stops
• Café Rene is the venue for the 2010 Gloucester Rhythm & Blues Festival
• Win Tickets to Toy Story 3 Regional Premiere at Cineworld Cheltenham!
• REVIEW: Blood Brothers at the Everyman Theatre
• Vulcan on its way to the Royal International Air Tattoo next weekend!
• RED BULL gives wings to Air Tattoo 2010
• Roman Credit Crunch and Medieval Poo
• A new chick in town! (well at Cotswold Wildlife Park there is)
• GLOUCESTERSHIRE TREASURE TRAILS are coming to a town near you this Summer!
• New Pony Rides at Puzzlewood
• Westonbirt Arboretum Live Music – Unique Location
• NEW OFFER! - 2 for 1 entry at Puzzlewood in the Forest of Dean
• NEW OFFER! Free Half-day Luxury Spa Package + a Free Session with ALL YOUR LIFE
• NEW EXCLUSIVE OFFER! Buy 2 Darklight Lasertag experiences and get 3rd FREE
• The Cotswolds's first ever giraffes!
• Young adventurers to explore Westonbirt for free this summer
• NEW EXCLUSIVE OFFER! Free game of Darklight Lasertag in Gloucester