The latest from The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival
An astonishing 90,000 tickets have already been sold for The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival which kicks off in exactly two weeks from today on 8-17 October 2010.
2010 offers our biggest programme yet with a line-up bursting with star-names, literary legends and festival favourites - it really is no surprise that it is already proving such a hit! But if you haven't booked your tickets yet - it's not too late - as there is still availability for some of our most impressive names.
With so many fantastic speakers, it can be hard to know where to start. Here are just a few of the surprising treats to look forward to - all with tickets still available…
Laugh out loud comedians
Continuing the strong tradition of comedy in Cheltenham, this year we once again bring together some of Britain’s best for the lighter side of the Festival. In October we’ll be welcoming Armstrong and Miller, Phill Jupitus, Jo Brand, Armando Iannucci, Jenny Éclair, Dom Joly, Dawn French, and lots more! View full details of all our Laugh Out Loud events!
There's more poetry in this year's programme than ever before as we celebrate some of the country's most beautiful verse. Look out for Guest Director Owen Sheers as he leads a series of events featuring Andrew Motion, Don Paterson and Jo Shapcott.
Read about these, and many more poetic event here: http://cheltenhamfestivals.com/tag/stanzas/
Outstanding late additions
We welcome illusionist extraordinaire Derren Brown, Hollywood star and local boy Simon Pegg; and actress, author and Cheltenham favourite Maureen Lipman as fantastic late additions to the Festival line up.
Gourmet gurus and delicious dishes
From wine and chocolate top baking and deserts, we uncover a world of hidden pleasures and kitchen secrets. Unleash your inner domestic goddess with events starring Nigella Lawson, Rachel Allen, Levi Roots, Antonio Carluccio and Olly Smith. Set your taste buds tingling with full details of our Bitesize strand: http://cheltenhamfestivals.com/tag/bitesize/
And for a real gastronomic treat, join style icon Jerry Hall for an exclusive lunch event at the Hotel du Vin. Sumptuous food, a stunning setting, and a supermodel for company - what could be better? Full details: http://cheltenhamfestivals.com/literature-2010/jerry-hall-lunch/
We’ll be uncovering the reality of political power, exploring the remarkable history of British Prime Ministers and examining the parallels between governments past and present. Guests include Alastair Campbell, Douglas Hurd, Lembit Opik, Peter Mandelson, Shirley Williams and many more – read more about our Power to the People series.
24 September 2010
For further information.
• The latest from The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival
• Twist & Pulse to Switch on Christmas Lights at Gloucester Quays
• New Season at Howlers Comedy Club
• Simon Pegg & Derren Brown coming to the 2010 Cheltenham Literature Festival
• First Pallas Cat kittens born at Cotswold Wildlife Park
• Unexplored Autumn Colour at Westonbirt
• Latest news from the 2010 Times Cheltenham Literature Festival
• Rare Woodland Bat found at Westonbirt Arboretum
• BBC History Festival at Gloucester Cathedral - 28 August 2010
• Tiny new arrivals at Cotswold Wildlife Park
• FREE entry for kids at Sudeley Castle near Winchcombe
• NEW! Special venue for childrens parties at Prinkash Bird & Deer Park
• REVIEW: The Dean Forest Railway
• New Cider, Perry & Ale Festival coming to Gloucester at the Wharf House
• NEW OFFER: £20 OFF a champagne balloon flight over the Cotswolds!
• A Circle of Friends at the Everyman Theatre
• Summer school holidays in Gloucestershire 2010
• REVIEW: James Morrison at Westonbirt
• Airshow pulls out all the stops
• Café Rene is the venue for the 2010 Gloucester Rhythm & Blues Festival
• Win Tickets to Toy Story 3 Regional Premiere at Cineworld Cheltenham!
• REVIEW: Blood Brothers at the Everyman Theatre
• Vulcan on its way to the Royal International Air Tattoo next weekend!
• RED BULL gives wings to Air Tattoo 2010
• Roman Credit Crunch and Medieval Poo
• A new chick in town! (well at Cotswold Wildlife Park there is)
• GLOUCESTERSHIRE TREASURE TRAILS are coming to a town near you this Summer!
• New Pony Rides at Puzzlewood
• Westonbirt Arboretum Live Music – Unique Location
• NEW OFFER! - 2 for 1 entry at Puzzlewood in the Forest of Dean
• NEW OFFER! Free Half-day Luxury Spa Package + a Free Session with ALL YOUR LIFE
• NEW EXCLUSIVE OFFER! Buy 2 Darklight Lasertag experiences and get 3rd FREE
• The Cotswolds's first ever giraffes!
• Young adventurers to explore Westonbirt for free this summer
• NEW EXCLUSIVE OFFER! Free game of Darklight Lasertag in Gloucester