A message from Cafe Rene: "Calling all Zombies!!"
Café Rene is taking Halloween deadly serious this year as they set out to prove that it’s not just children that can have a bit of fun on Saturday 30 October.
The Renegade crew will be recruiting as many zombies as possible and with the help of make-up artists, prop makers, technical engineers and a cameraman they intend to put Gloucester on the map.
At 2pm the team will be instigating a Zombie walk through Gloucester City Centre and everyone is welcome to join in, (kids and dogs included).
Later at 8pm, a hardcore group of dedicated zombies will be performing their well-rehearsed re-take of the iconic Michael Jackson video ‘Thriller’.
This historic event will be filmed in the Courtyard/graveyard opposite The Café Rene at Greyfriars by Joe Banyard of Live@GloucesterStudios. It will then be edited and professionally mastered in time with the original song and made available for all to see.
Not only will the whole day be great fun the team will be raising money for Sue Ryder and The Alzheimer's Society.
If you want to join in there are various options:
- Join the Zombie walk at 2pm follow the link below to get involved http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=104139156316210&ref=ts
- Get really serious in a Strictly Come Dancing Zombies fashion and join the team at 6.30pm on Monday evenings at Café Rene to learn the dance routine so you look great for the video.
- Get dressed up and lurk around in the background of the video looking gruesome.
For further information.
1 October 2010
• Canine capers at Westonbirt Arboretum
• Christmas Celebrations Afloat – So popular more dates added!
• NEW OFFER: 10% off at Taurus Crafts - Ideal for Christmas presents!
• Gloucestershire at its Best Photography Competition - Last chance to enter
• The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival crowned Tourism Event of the Year!
• The Tivoli pub in Cheltenham to have new lease of life after closure
• £15 Menu at The Wharf House - Last chance!
• Tourism Award for Treasure Trails
• SPECIAL CHRISTMAS IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE SECTION - now live!!!
• “Twist & Pulse to Switch on Gloucester Quays Christmas Lights This Thursday!”
• NEW OFFER: Free weeks pass at Barcelo Health & Leisure Club in Cheltenham
• Co-Opera Co. bring two of the most popular operas to the Everyman next week
• Gloucester's Zombie Thriller Video at Café René
• Follow Explore Gloucestershire on Twitter
• REVIEW: The Haunting at The Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham
• Swan Lake – For 3 Nights Only!
• Green Father Christmas to launch Westonbirt's Festive Fun
• Conservators protect mosaics from builders at Chedworth Roman Villa
• SPECIAL OFFER! 33% OFF Business Promotion with Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP & Website!
• STOP PRESS: The First iPhone APP for Gloucestershire!
• Double value parking at two major town centre car parks throughout December
• Tickets on sale now for Winter Wildlife Festival talks
• Explosive Entertainment at The Everyman Theatre: REVIEW
• Continental market returns to Cheltenham
• Half Term & Halloween in Gloucestershire
• Birthday Celebrations with tea and cake at Gloucester Folk Museum
• The All Your Life Celebrity Charity Ball ‘Party Only’ Tickets now available for £25
• NEW OFFER! FREE Makeover and Photoshoot with ALL YOUR LIFE
• Congratulations to The Wharf House Restaurant
• NEW OFFER! 4 Fabulous money saving vouchers at Café René in Gloucester
• Calypso Comes to Cheltenham!
• When do you think the first Bewick’s will arrive?
• 10% Off and Park for Free 6pm-8pm at Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet
• Winter Owl Evenings return to The International Centre for Birds of Prey Centre at Newent
• A message from Cafe Rene: "Calling all Zombies!!"