Calypso Comes to Cheltenham!
Be transported to the sunkissed, idyllic Caribbean on Tuesday 26th October, when the stars of The Everyman Theatre’s hit show, Rum & Coca Cola, will perform songs from the show at the new Kuoni branch on The Promenade in Cheltenham.
The two stars from the play, Shango Baku and Okezie Morro will entertain Cheltenham shoppers with the show’s unique and infectious blend of comedy, charm and Calypso rhythms and will be at the travel agent’s store to talk about the show from 12 noon until 2pm.
There will also be the opportunity to win some fantastic Kuoni travel offers, tickets to the Everyman’s hit show and enjoy some light refreshments.
Set on the island paradise of Trinidad, under the fiery heat of the Caribbean sun, the play which runs at The Everyman from 2nd – 6th November, is a bittersweet, gentle comedy. Professor and Slim play sweet calypso for passing tourists. Professor “speechifies” about his life, musing on opportunities missed and stolen, while Slim tries to grasp a brighter future.
The show is directed by Trinidadian born Don Warrington (best known for playing Phil in Rising Damp and his roles in Manchild; Doctor Who and most recently for his nifty footwork in Strictly Come Dancing!).
8 October 2010
For further information.
• Canine capers at Westonbirt Arboretum
• Christmas Celebrations Afloat – So popular more dates added!
• NEW OFFER: 10% off at Taurus Crafts - Ideal for Christmas presents!
• Gloucestershire at its Best Photography Competition - Last chance to enter
• The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival crowned Tourism Event of the Year!
• The Tivoli pub in Cheltenham to have new lease of life after closure
• £15 Menu at The Wharf House - Last chance!
• Tourism Award for Treasure Trails
• SPECIAL CHRISTMAS IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE SECTION - now live!!!
• “Twist & Pulse to Switch on Gloucester Quays Christmas Lights This Thursday!”
• NEW OFFER: Free weeks pass at Barcelo Health & Leisure Club in Cheltenham
• Co-Opera Co. bring two of the most popular operas to the Everyman next week
• Gloucester's Zombie Thriller Video at Café René
• Follow Explore Gloucestershire on Twitter
• REVIEW: The Haunting at The Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham
• Swan Lake – For 3 Nights Only!
• Green Father Christmas to launch Westonbirt's Festive Fun
• Conservators protect mosaics from builders at Chedworth Roman Villa
• SPECIAL OFFER! 33% OFF Business Promotion with Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP & Website!
• STOP PRESS: The First iPhone APP for Gloucestershire!
• Double value parking at two major town centre car parks throughout December
• Tickets on sale now for Winter Wildlife Festival talks
• Explosive Entertainment at The Everyman Theatre: REVIEW
• Continental market returns to Cheltenham
• Half Term & Halloween in Gloucestershire
• Birthday Celebrations with tea and cake at Gloucester Folk Museum
• The All Your Life Celebrity Charity Ball ‘Party Only’ Tickets now available for £25
• NEW OFFER! FREE Makeover and Photoshoot with ALL YOUR LIFE
• Congratulations to The Wharf House Restaurant
• NEW OFFER! 4 Fabulous money saving vouchers at Café René in Gloucester
• Calypso Comes to Cheltenham!
• When do you think the first Bewick’s will arrive?
• 10% Off and Park for Free 6pm-8pm at Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet
• Winter Owl Evenings return to The International Centre for Birds of Prey Centre at Newent
• A message from Cafe Rene: "Calling all Zombies!!"