The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival crowned Tourism Event of the Year!
The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival was on Monday 15th November announced as the Gold Winner of the Tourism Event of the Year Award at the South West Tourism Excellence Awards.
In a glittering ceremony at the Riviera International Conference Centre, Torquay, the Literature Festival faced stiff competition from Bournemouth Air Festival, Cornwall Food & Drink Festival and the Bath Christmas Market to scoop this prestigious award.
The Excellence Awards celebrate ‘the best of the South West’ and aim to promote and reward the very best in the tourism industry. The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival 2010 attracted record breaking audiences, selling a staggering 120,000 tickets to the ten day Festival. Featuring some of the country’s greatest writers, speakers, comedians and politicians, the Festival has firmly established itself as an outstanding tourism event.
Chief Executive of Cheltenham Festivals Donna Renney is thrilled with the success:
"We are overjoyed to receive this award, which celebrates the outstanding regional impact of the Literature Festival.
It is very important that the contribution which cultural organisations make towards tourism is acknowledged - and we are thrilled that South West Tourism have chosen us as the winner of this fantastic award.
We can't wait to bring more award winning events to the South West in 2011."
As the regional Gold winner, the Literature Festival will be put forward for VisitEngland's National Enjoy England Awards for Excellence 2011. Please find below the full South West Tourism Press Release for further details of the Awards, winners and quotes from the organisers.
For further information.
19 November 2010
• Canine capers at Westonbirt Arboretum
• Christmas Celebrations Afloat – So popular more dates added!
• NEW OFFER: 10% off at Taurus Crafts - Ideal for Christmas presents!
• Gloucestershire at its Best Photography Competition - Last chance to enter
• The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival crowned Tourism Event of the Year!
• The Tivoli pub in Cheltenham to have new lease of life after closure
• £15 Menu at The Wharf House - Last chance!
• Tourism Award for Treasure Trails
• SPECIAL CHRISTMAS IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE SECTION - now live!!!
• “Twist & Pulse to Switch on Gloucester Quays Christmas Lights This Thursday!”
• NEW OFFER: Free weeks pass at Barcelo Health & Leisure Club in Cheltenham
• Co-Opera Co. bring two of the most popular operas to the Everyman next week
• Gloucester's Zombie Thriller Video at Café René
• Follow Explore Gloucestershire on Twitter
• REVIEW: The Haunting at The Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham
• Swan Lake – For 3 Nights Only!
• Green Father Christmas to launch Westonbirt's Festive Fun
• Conservators protect mosaics from builders at Chedworth Roman Villa
• SPECIAL OFFER! 33% OFF Business Promotion with Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP & Website!
• STOP PRESS: The First iPhone APP for Gloucestershire!
• Double value parking at two major town centre car parks throughout December
• Tickets on sale now for Winter Wildlife Festival talks
• Explosive Entertainment at The Everyman Theatre: REVIEW
• Continental market returns to Cheltenham
• Half Term & Halloween in Gloucestershire
• Birthday Celebrations with tea and cake at Gloucester Folk Museum
• The All Your Life Celebrity Charity Ball ‘Party Only’ Tickets now available for £25
• NEW OFFER! FREE Makeover and Photoshoot with ALL YOUR LIFE
• Congratulations to The Wharf House Restaurant
• NEW OFFER! 4 Fabulous money saving vouchers at Café René in Gloucester
• Calypso Comes to Cheltenham!
• When do you think the first Bewick’s will arrive?
• 10% Off and Park for Free 6pm-8pm at Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet
• Winter Owl Evenings return to The International Centre for Birds of Prey Centre at Newent
• A message from Cafe Rene: "Calling all Zombies!!"
More about banner advertising