Love is in the Air at Gloucester Docks
Visitors to Gloucester Docks can experience a room full of love at the Gloucestershire Arts & Craft Centre. The County’s newest arts & crafts Centre is holding an exhibition celebrating romance in the lead up to Valentine’s Day.
Based in the iconic Lock Warehouse, formerly the home of the Antiques Centre, the artists and craftspeople from across Gloucestershire have teamed up to create a Valentine’s themed show, in addition to their usual plethora of locally produced goods.
Annie Rowcraft, the artist who has organised the show, said “We’re really pleased with how it’s turned out – lots of our artists and makers from the Centre have got into the spirit of it and made some beautiful heart-shaped gifts. My husband already knows where to come to get me a something I’ll love for Valentine’s!”
Gathered especially for the show are a wide range of beautiful hand-made jewellery, some of fused glass, or hand-made silver, or hand crafted beads, ceramics and more. Paintings, pottery, heart shaped lavender bags, and many more quality, locally-made gifts fill the exhibition space on the ground floor of the Arts & Crafts Centre. There is also the chance for visitors to win a large, delicious, heart-shaped fudge cake in the raffle available at the Centre’s Cafe.
In addition to the Centre’s regular contributors, The Valentine’s Exhibition includes a gorgeous series of individual hearts by Tewkesbury artist Jane Clatworthy. Recently shown as part of another exhibition at the Centre, due to popularity Jane was invited to return to fill a wall with her original and fun pieces.
The Valentine Exhibition runs at the Gloucestershire Arts & Crafts Centre at Gloucester Docks from the 2nd – 15th February, and is free to enter. The Centre is open 7 days a week.
- Gloucestershire Arts & Craft Centre
Lock Warehouse, Severn Road, Gloucester, GL1 2LE
Tel: 01452 307161
For further information.
2 February 2011
• Cheese Rolling Committee takes residents concerns on board
• Winner of 2010 Explore Gloucestershire Photography Competition
• Westlife announce Westonbirt Concert date
• Sudeley Castle opens its doors on the family history for new season
• Spitfires return to the air Tattoo - 40 years on
• Cold weather failed to stop rare geese laying on time at WWWT Slimbridge
• 20% off tickets to the Moscow State Circus in Cheltenham
• Bryan Ferry announces Westonbirt concert date
• Titus arrives at Prinknash Bird & Deer Park
• Restaurant Review: The Parrot Bar & Grill in Cheltenham review
• Reds top Air Tattoo Aerobatics team list at Fairford 2011
• SPECIAL OFFER for businesses! Going for Gold - Save £100
• Jazz Festival Line-up revealed
• Double the Fun for Gloucestershire Treasure Hunters
• New Out of the Hat exhibition calls for public input
• Last chance for RIAT Air Tattoo earlybird tickets
• Hallmark Hotel Gloucester's transformation continues
• Texas announce Westonbirt concert date
• Hollywood A-lister Stephanie Beacham to star as Maria Callas at Everyman Theatre
• Love is in the Air at Gloucester Docks
• Amazing wildlife photographs on display at Nature in Art
• The best kept secret in the Cotswolds this Spring at Westonbirt
• The BIG animal count at Cotswold Wildlife Park
• The Gruffalo's Child - extra performance due to popular demand
• Fabulous offers at The Brewery in Cheltenham
• Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP - over 1000 downloads!
• Coming Soon to Gloucester Folk Museum
• Elkie Brooks concert at Everyman Theatre rescheduled
• Something very fishy going on in Cheltenham!
• Gloucester Folk Museum Presents BBC High Street History Interactive Event
• The Second Tortworth Court Antiques and Fine Art Fair
• Pam Ayres lends support to Everyman Restoration Project
• NEW OFFER: Get in shape for 2011 with a FREE pass to Barcelo!
• NEW Cheltenham Festival! A Cheltenham Comedy Festival planned for November