Last chance for RIAT Air Tattoo earlybird tickets
People planning to attend the Air Tattoo’s 40th anniversary celebrations in July have until the end of February to get their hands on special Earlybird tickets, organisers warn.
From March 1, day-specific tickets for the world-famous airshow, on July 16-17, will cost £39 plus a £4 booking fee for orders taken online or over the telephone. However, the Earlybird price is just £34, representing a saving of up to £9 per ticket. All accompanied under-16s get in free of charge.
Air Tattoo organisers are planning a range of breath-taking set pieces both in the air and on the ground at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire to mark 40 years of staging world-class airshows. The first Air Tattoo was held at North Weald airfield in 1971 and has since grown to become one of the UK’s biggest outdoor public events. It is staged annually in support of the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust.
This summer, more than 150,000 people are expected to attend the airshow to see many of the world’s most exciting aircraft, including fast jets, giant transporters, classic warbirds, helicopters and aerobatics display teams. In addition to the thrilling seven-hour flying programme, there is a large static aircraft park, a classic car display, an action arena, fairground and outdoor concert. Entertainment includes a stunt car driving demo, a parachute tower, children’s quad bikes, a motorbike display team, water zorbing, re-enactors plus a range of aircraft simulators.
Air Tattoo Deputy Director of Marketing Helen Webb said that as most people are having to tighten their belts it was important to remind everyone of the savings to be had by purchasing their Earlybird tickets this month. She added: “Our prices mean that families can enjoy a day out savouring all the excitement of the world’s largest military airshow this summer without breaking the bank.”
As well as celebrating its 40th anniversary, this summer’s Air Tattoo will host a gathering of specially-decorated ‘Tiger’ aircraft from the NATO Tiger Association. ‘Tiger’ aircraft come from NATO squadrons that have a Tiger or Big Cat in their emblem and their association marks its 50th anniversary in 2011. The ‘operational’ spotlight STAR 11 will focus on aircraft and equipment involved in the roles of Strike and Reconnaissance.
In addition to the day-specific Earlybird tickets, there is also an opportunity to buy tickets valid for either Saturday (July 16) or Sunday (July 17), two-day weekend tickets as well as tickets for all the various grandstands and enclosures. To see the full range of ticket options, visit airtattoo.com or call the Air Tattoo box office on 0800 107 1940.
For further information.
12 February 2011
• Cheese Rolling Committee takes residents concerns on board
• Winner of 2010 Explore Gloucestershire Photography Competition
• Westlife announce Westonbirt Concert date
• Sudeley Castle opens its doors on the family history for new season
• Spitfires return to the air Tattoo - 40 years on
• Cold weather failed to stop rare geese laying on time at WWWT Slimbridge
• 20% off tickets to the Moscow State Circus in Cheltenham
• Bryan Ferry announces Westonbirt concert date
• Titus arrives at Prinknash Bird & Deer Park
• Restaurant Review: The Parrot Bar & Grill in Cheltenham review
• Reds top Air Tattoo Aerobatics team list at Fairford 2011
• SPECIAL OFFER for businesses! Going for Gold - Save £100
• Jazz Festival Line-up revealed
• Double the Fun for Gloucestershire Treasure Hunters
• New Out of the Hat exhibition calls for public input
• Last chance for RIAT Air Tattoo earlybird tickets
• Hallmark Hotel Gloucester's transformation continues
• Texas announce Westonbirt concert date
• Hollywood A-lister Stephanie Beacham to star as Maria Callas at Everyman Theatre
• Love is in the Air at Gloucester Docks
• Amazing wildlife photographs on display at Nature in Art
• The best kept secret in the Cotswolds this Spring at Westonbirt
• The BIG animal count at Cotswold Wildlife Park
• The Gruffalo's Child - extra performance due to popular demand
• Fabulous offers at The Brewery in Cheltenham
• Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP - over 1000 downloads!
• Coming Soon to Gloucester Folk Museum
• Elkie Brooks concert at Everyman Theatre rescheduled
• Something very fishy going on in Cheltenham!
• Gloucester Folk Museum Presents BBC High Street History Interactive Event
• The Second Tortworth Court Antiques and Fine Art Fair
• Pam Ayres lends support to Everyman Restoration Project
• NEW OFFER: Get in shape for 2011 with a FREE pass to Barcelo!
• NEW Cheltenham Festival! A Cheltenham Comedy Festival planned for November