Adam Henson to open Birdlands' 'Marshmouth Nature Reserve'
Adam Henson ‘BBC Countryfile’ presenter will be visiting Birdland Park & Gardens on the 14 May 2011 to officially open their new 2.5 acre Marshmouth Nature Reserve.
This is an addition to the existing 6.5 acre site, but will allow visitors to move away from the exotic birds and immerse themselves in a small representative portion of the Cotswold countryside. Marshmouth Nature Reserve has already proved to be a haven for otter and water vole which has earned Birdland Park & Gardens the support of the Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust.
Marshmouth Nature Reserve already boasts over 50 species of bird, with mammal, reptile, amphibian and insect life still to be assessed and Birdland Park & Gardens are confident in visitors being able to see animals from dragonflies to Kingfishers and grass snakes to shrews.
The late owner of Birdland Park & Gardens, Eddie Trigg, had always wanted to see a reserve on his land and now it has come to fruition.
Why not pay a visit to Birdland Park & Gardens on the 14th May 2011 and be part of our celebrations.
Lots of fun for everyone including:-
- Meet a Keeper
- Reptile Awareness
- Bird of prey Encounter
- Penguin Feed time
- Pelican Feed time
- Face Painting
- Balloon Sculpting and much more!
Hopefully it will be a glorious day, so why not take a picnic and spend 3 – 4 hours in Birdland Park & Gardens tranquil surroundings and attend the official opening.
- Event: Adam Henson to open Birdlands' 'Marshmouth Nature Reserve'
- Date: Saturday 14 May 2011
- Time: Opening at 12.30pm
- Tickets: Adults £7.25; Children £5.00 (Under 3's FREE); Senior Citizens £6.25
- Where: Birdland Park & Gardens, Rissington Road, Bourton-on-the-Water, Glos. GL54 2BN
For further information.
23 April 2011
• REVIEW: Canoeing on the River Wye with Way2Go Adventures
• CONFIRMED: Luminarium - Architects of Air at Taurus Crafts
• Kids go free at Westonbirt , 23 July-31 August
• US promise Air Tattoo show of force at RIAT 2011
• British Cable Wakeboard and Wakeskate National Championships: Cotswold Water Park
• Announcing Gloucestershire's newest Blues Festival in the Forest of Dean
• Perfect weather for ducks down at WWT Slmbridge
• Meet the lemur babies of Madagascar at Cotwolds Wildlife Park
• Fresh Air 2011 : Contemporary sculpture shows near Cirencester
• New arrival at Prinknash Bird Park
• Carry the forest in your pocket with new ForestXplorer iPhone app
• Bushcraft comes to the Forest of Dean with Forest Bushcraft
• Adam Henson to open Birdlands' 'Marshmouth Nature Reserve'
• The Christians and Robin Ince among the latest additions to the Wychwood Festival
• Air Tattoo welcomes back old flames
• Happy Birthday Brum!
• TV 'Brums' 20th Birthday Party Celebrations!
• Discover Cheltenham’s Royal connections
• Treasure Trails produces fun Royal Wedding Trail
• Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP - over 2000 downloads!
• Youngsters take over Slimbridge
• Easter School Activities in Gloucestershire
• Harts Barn Cookery School cook up Easter treats for the whole family
• 2011 Printed Guide NOW OUT
• The latest news from Wychwood Music Festival 2011
• Air Tattoo offers glimpse of RAF's future
• Threats and hostility finally kill off Cheese Rolling Festival
• Cheltenham's Art Gallery and Museums win £750k
• Air Tattoo proves it has the X Factor