Launch of 'LOVE YOUR ZOO' & 'ON YOUR DOORSTEP' at ICBP
The International Centre for Birds of Prey has a packed itinerary of themed events for your diary this summer, inspired by the ‘Love Your Zoo’ campaign, launched this year by the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA). Its aim is to encourage people to visit their local BIAZA zoos, aquariums and wildlife centres and not only have a fun day out, but also learn just how much they do for conservation, education and research.
To promote World Environment Day on 5th June 2011 and World Habitat Day on 3rd October 2011, the International Centre for Birds of Prey are sponsoring the important conservation work of the Regua Reserve in the Brazilian Rainforest, which is fighting to preserve some of our planet's most endangered habitats and species. You too can show your commitment to conservation on a local level by visiting us here at the Centre between these important dates, and taking part in our Raffle.
The winning entry will be given a complementary voucher for one of the ICBP's unique Half Day Experiences or Photography Half Days! Children under 16 years must be accompanied by a full-paying adult.
Budding artists can join the ICBP's art workshop on 11th September, and enjoy first-class tutelage from our in-house wildlife artist and falconry expert!
The International Centre for Birds of Prey will be holding fun days for children, with competitions and prizes throughout the summer! On 6 July 2011 there is a drawing competition for Children’s Art Day and in early October there is a competition for children to write about their favourite bird at the Centre, in celebration of World Animal Day on 4th October and National Poetry Day on 7th October.
The International Centre for Birds of Prey also have Summer Barbeque and Owl Evenings throughout the summer and the long-awaited Kiezebrink UK Falconry and Hawking Event on the 3rd and 4th September which you can buy tickets for in advance by contacting us at the Centre.
All proceeds go towards the ICBP's valuable work for birds of prey.
Jemima Parry-Jones, ICBP said: “We have lots in store for a fun-filled summer and we hope people will join us in celebrating these special events.”
For further information.
6 July 2011
• Pirates Invade the Dean Heritage Centre
• Renaissance Music at Lodge Park, Gloucestershire
• The £3 million restoration of the Everyman Theatre almost complete
• Shot in Cheltenham - Photographs from the past
• Celebrate Forest Discovery Day at Westonbirt
• Gloucester Cathedral wins praise for innovation in quality visitor attraction award
• Record-breaking early sales for The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival 2011
• Gloucester City Museum Official Opening
• ’Garden of the future’ has opened at Slimbridge
• New activity attraction in the Forest of Dean
• Everyman Out There! The New Young Company Launches
• KIDS GO FREE this summer with the National Trust
• Local musicians, poets & artists join Treefest at Westonbirt
• Harts Barn to host first Plum Festival for the Forest of Dean
• The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival 2011 - details announced
• Award winning garden will open come rain or shine at WWT Slimbridge
• Blackfriars Priory opens its doors to visitors
• Cheltenham Horse Parade - Fine Form Exhibition
• World’s rarest piglets make their debut... Warts and all!
• Grant helps Chedworth Roman Villa development
• Stars Shine at Air Tattoo
• Launch of 'LOVE YOUR ZOO' & 'ON YOUR DOORSTEP' at ICBP
• WORLD FIRST: Spoon-billed sandpiper chicks hatch in captivity
• Get back to nature this summer with Treefest at Westonbirt
• NEW OFFER: Free cuppa at Magicland in Cirencester
• Cheltenham's Everyman Theatre Restoration – Well under way!
• £3m makeover for top Hallmark Gloucester Hotel
• REVIEW: High ropes in the Forest of Dean with MOTIVA
• Comic Legend to re-open Everyman Theatre!
• FREE OFFER listings available for Gloucestershire businesses!
• New arrivals at Cotswold Wildlife Park!
• Screen star Emma Samms to join cast of Everyman pantomime
• City Council Announces 75th Annual Gloucester Carnival
• James Hunt Exhibition at the Cotswold Motoring Museum
• AWARD WINNER 2011: Cotswold Wildlife Park
• NEW OFFER: Free cup of tea at Primrose Vale PYO
• Luxury cinema comes to The Brewery in Cheltenham
• Vulcan Bomber returns to the 2011 Air Tattoo
• Fantastic flying kicks off RIAT Media launch
• Big boost to Cotswold Water Park near Cirencester
• Adam Henson to officially launch Harts Barn Farm Shop and Cookery School