Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP: Version 1.1 now available
To coincide with the milestone of now over 4,000 downloads of the Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP, we have just had approval from APPLE of 'Version 1.1'.
Available now from the iPhone APP store with automatic updates available for existing users, the Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP has had several new features to make even more attractive as the ideal companion for exploring Gloucestershire.
The major feature is the new refined 'filter' facility that will help narrow down searches within the PLACES section. This section includes Where to eat, Where to stay, Visitor Attractions, Towns & Villages, Museums & Heritage and The Arts. So, if the user wishes to find a particular visitor attraction that is great for kids, or has lots of animals or even gardens to see then by ticking the new filter facility will shorten the searches.
With the social networking increasing in popularity, Explore Gloucestershire have also incorporated a 'sharing' facility so if there's a particular event, place or offer the user would like to send to a friend, by pressing the 'SHARE' button automatically connects to Twitter, Facebook, etc. - emailing is also available.
As well as a few very minor bugs being fixed the iPhone APP has also been optimised to give a faster download speed but of course this is always dependent on the speed of the service of the network provider.
Looking to the future, Explore Gloucestershire will be working on Version 1.2 of the iPhone APP in the near future with even more refined featrues, and maybe a surprise or two as well.
Explore Gloucestershire have also had many requests to replicate the APP for the 'Android' smart phone market - so watch this space!
For further information.
21 September 2011
• National Trails walks now available on the Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP
• Air Tattoo announces Big Freeze
• Live 'n' Deadly live from Cotswold Wildlife Park
• Cheltenham Racecourse to host the London 2012 Olympic Torch
• DIY Christmas at Taurus Crafts
• “Set Your Taste Buds Off With a Bang at Our Monthly Food Market This Bonfire Night”
• See Westonbirt's trees in a new light this Christmas!
• Firework Displays in Gloucestershire
• New Stagecoach West 'County Link' bus route to help Explore Gloucestershire more!
• The wild stars of Autumnwatch swoop into Slimbridge
• RESTAURANT REVIEW: The Inn at Fossebridge in the Cotswolds
• Charity exhibition of original work by Joy Adamson at Ellenborough Park
• NEW OFFER: £20 meal deal for two at Joules Restaurant in Cheltenham
• ‘Patrick Conoley, 75 Years of Sculpture’ Exhibition
• October Half Term & Halloween in Gloucestershire
• Win £100 and FREE travel with Stagecoach West buses!
• Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat Back at the Everyman this Half Term
• Photography & Poetry inspired by Autumn at Westonbirt Arboretum
• A taste of Italy comes to Tewkesbury
• Sculptor brings his magic to Puzzlewood
• The 2011 Cheltenham Literature Festival update
• Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP: Version 1.1 now available
• Explore Gloucestershire APP: Now over 4,000 downloads!
• BBC Autumnwatch makes Westonbirt its October home
• Scary volunteers needed for Frightmare at Over Farm!
• Treasure trove of rarities is a delight for twitchers
• Autumn arrives early at Westonbirt Arboretum
• Zulu evening at Ellenborough Park: An Audience with Rob Caskie
• Robert Powell to star in Everyman Theatre Birthday Celebrations