Plan B announce Westonbirt Concert date for 2012
Plan B has announced a series of concerts in forests next summer. The uniquely talented artist is the first act to announce multiple dates as part of Forestry Commission Live Music which will see him perform in spectacular woodland locations across the country.
Plan B (Ben Drew) singer-songwriter, rapper, actor and film director came to prominence with the 2006 release of the critically acclaimed hip hop album 'Who Needs Actions When You Got Words'. His next project, the soul-influenced 'The Defamation of Strickland Banks', takes the listener on a journey of a man who finds success hard to handle and then hits rock bottom. Released in 2010, the album went on to become the fifth biggest seller of the year and continued a chart presence through 2011. Featuring crafted hit singles like 'Stay Too Long', 'Prayin'' and 'The Recluse', awards have abounded for artist and album alike including Brit Award for Best British Male and a trio of Ivor Novellos: Ben Drew - Songwriter of the Year; The Defamation Of Strickland Banks - Album of The Year and 'She Said' - Most Performed Work.
Forestry Commission Live Music is an independent programme bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship. Income generated from ticket sales is spent on improving the local forests for both people and wildlife.
Commenting on his forthcoming forest dates Plan B said, "It's going to be a real adventure taking the Plan B show into the woods. I'm really up for this and hope to see you there".
- Event: Plan B at Westonbirt Arboretum
- Date: Saturday 23 June 2012
- Tickets: £32.00 (subject to booking fee) go on sale at 9.00am Friday 9th December from the Forestry Commission box office tel 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
- Where: Westonbirt Arboretum, Nr. Tetbury, Glos.
5 December 2011
For further information.
• Latest new from Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway
• OFFER: Winter Warmers at The Inn at Fossebridge
• Plan B announce Westonbirt Concert date for 2012
• RESTAURANT & ACCOMMODATION REVIEW: The Ship Inn at Newnham
• RESTAURANT REVIEW: The Craven Arms at Brockhampton
• ENTERTAINMENT REVIEW: Jack and the Beanstalk at the Everyman Theatre
More about banner advertising