LATEST!: 5,000 Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP's now downloaded!
Explore Gloucestershire have reached their target of 5,000 iPhone APPs downloaded by the end of 2011.
It was close, but on 31 December 2011 we had 5,007 Explore Gloucestershire APP downloads. Released on 2 November 2010, our aim was to reach this major milestone by the end of the following year - and we did it!
It just proves that more and more people are using the latest mobile phone technology to obtain information, in our case offering users an up to date events and what's on service, topical news and reviews and a great 'Places' section which includes sub categories of where to eat, stay and visit. We've also introduced new sections including 'Walks', 'Towns & Villages' and 'Farm Shops', as well as improving the APP with two essential upgrades.
We'd like to thank our sponsor 'Stagecoach West Buses' for their fantastic support in the development of the iPhone APP.
Their are more plans for 2012, as we may even have news about the APP for use on other 'smart phones' - watch this space!
To download the APP click on the link below.
Special Offer for event promoters.
To celebrate the 5k download milestone, we are now offering FREE promotion of events on the Explore Gloucestershire APP. Promote your event...
For further information.
2 January 2012
• The Gruffalo at Dean Heritage Centre - dates announced
• New exhibition for 2012 at the Cotswold Motoring Museum
• The Ultimate Valentine’s Day winner revealed!
• 400 trees to be planted in Pittville Park to celebrate Queen’s Jubilee
• Aviation Jewel set for Diamond Display
• The Wanted to perform at Westonbirt Arboretum this summer
• Win the Ultimate Valentine’s Day with Beechwood!
• RESTAURANT REVIEW: Mü Brasserie in Cheltenham
• February 2012 Half Term Holiday Activities in Gloucestershire
• Air Tattoo flies high in awards
• Madness announce forest show at Westonbirt
• Announcing.... A Feast of Festivals in 2012
• LATEST!: 5,000 Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP's now downloaded!
• RESTAURANT REVIEW: Joules Restaurant in Cheltenham
• Conserving Chedworth’s mosaics
• Research into possible Woodchester wild cat finds no cat DNA on deer
• Coming Soon - the Gruffalo at Dean Heritage Centre
• EMF to play at Lakefest Music Festival in May 2012
• Major milestone imminent in the new Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museum