See WWT Slimbridge in a whole new light
Visitors will have the chance to see a wildlife attraction in a whole new light when it opens its doors on selected summer evenings.
Slimbridge Wetland Centre is having four Afterhours events to allow visitors a unique look at the site.
The first later this month has a musical theme with a jazz ensemble playing and May whistle making demonstrations.
In June there will be one focussed on wildlife which includes a mammal tracking session, in July there will be a relaxation themed one which includes mediation walks and yoga and in August there will be a family themed one with a children’s entertainer and a free canoe safari.
The one on Saturday, May 26 features Swing from Paris who will be playing near welly boot land.
Sally Munro, marketing manager, said : “Birds and mammals change their behaviour in the evening and just like humans tend to settle down – unless they are nocturnal of course!
“Slimbridge feels really relaxing and peaceful in the evening and we wanted to give our visitors a chance to experience that, as well as the opportunity to take photos from our hides in the softer evening light.
“All of the four Afterhours events are slightly different so there is be one to appeal to everyone.”
The afterhours events all run from 4.30pm to 8.30pm. The hides will be open for the event and summer refreshments will be available from kiosks in the grounds.
The Musical Afterhours is on 26th May, Wild Afterhours is on 30th June, Relax Afterhours is on 28th July and Fun afterhours is on 25th August.
For further details on ticket prices and how to book see the website.
For further information.
14 May 2012
• Guide to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Events in Gloucestershire
• EIIR Fylpast at Air Tattoo by 27 RAF Hawk jets to mark Diamond Jubilee
• Treasure Trails Free Jubilee Quiz Trail
• Brand new restaurant Ruby Tuesday opening this June at The Brewery, Cheltenham!
• Gruffalo Trail attracts monster numbers to the Dean Heritage Centre
• Athlete to headline at Lakefest 2012
• STOP PRESS: Explore Gloucestershire APP for Android phones coming soon!
• REVIEW: A weekend adventure in the Forest of Dean with Forest Bushcraft
• Over 6,000 downloads of the Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP!
• Limited day tickets available at Lakefest 2012!
• Rare jet to be 'TSAR' of the show at RIAT 2012
• Egg-stra Special Air Tattoo Offer - Earlybird Ticket Prices Egg-stended Over Easter!
• Easter School Holiday Activities in Gloucestershire
• Tewkesbury Food and Drink Festival cancelled
• Olympic Torch route announced
• Rare Osprey to swoop at the Air Tattoo this summer 2012
• Six more King Penguins - Birdland's new arrivals from Edinburgh Zoo
• One month to go: The Times Cheltenham Science Festival
• Lechlade Festival - iconic 80s ska band The Beat to headline 2012 Festival
• See WWT Slimbridge in a whole new light
• The Glass Menagerie, Cheltenham Everyman's first in-house production in 15 years
• Birdland - now home to the only group of King Penguins in the UK
• Cotswold Wildlife Park unveils a very rare birth - the UK’s first ever Wolverine cubs
• Award winning authors at Wychwoods Children's Literaure Festival
• Sudeley Castle celebrating a special Jubillee
• Did you know Dennis Potter? Get involved with an exciting celebration of his life and work.
• Return of the Explore Gloucestershire at its Best Photography Competition
• 2012 Explore Gloucestershire printed guide NOW OUT
• March of The Penguins at Birdland Park & Gardens
• Sandford Parks Lido Opening Day 21 April
More about banner advertising