NEW 2008 Photography Competition - Gloucestershire at its Best!
Gloucestershire at its Best!!!
Explore Gloucestershire are giving you the opportunity to enter your perfect photograph showing Gloucestershire in it’s true glory, in the 2008 ‘Gloucestershire at its Best’ photography competition.
Whether you’ve taken a photograph of a frozen lake in the Royal Forest of Dean, an early morning misty summer shot of an enchanted Cotswold valley, autumn leaves falling in Cheltenham’s famous Promenade, or fresh spring daffodils in the grounds of Gloucester Cathedral - then you’ve the chance of seeing your photograph in print and on our website for thousands of readers and viewers to appreciate, as well as the opportunity to win this years prize of £250 cash!!!
The winning photograph will be chosen by our judges, Oli Davis and Jane Baker from the regions leading wedding photographers, Cotswold Weddings in January 2009.
So if you think you can equal or better the photograph below of surfers catching the waves of the famous Severn Bore on a fresh winters morning, as Simon Date from Newnham-on-Severn did, then you know what to do - send it in!
'Gloucestershire at its Best!'
Explore Gloucestershire's Photograpahy Competition 2008
NB: Please note that the photography competition is for photographs which show Gloucestershire at its best (hence the name of the competition!). Although the photographs last year were of an extremely high standard, some were not about Gloucestershire.
Please stick to the brief which is clearly stated on the competition page, and refrain from sending us photographs of a monkey up a tree in a Kenyan National Park!!!
31 March 2008
For further information.
• Hot Air Ballooning at Sudeley Castle this weekend
• Vintage Jets to salute the RAF at Kemble Air Day 2008
• Caving fun at Clearwell Caves
• SAVE £££'s - Book in advance for the 2008 Kemble Air Day!
• NEW on-line ticket booking with Stagecoach buses
• Old bangers needed for the 2008 Cotswold Show
• Amy Hatcher coming to the 2008 Cotswold Show
• Performances at the Everyman Theatre in June
• Gloucester Rugby Club tackles the 2008 Cotswold Show
• Out of the Hat - Residents offer extended
• The Red Arrows only date this summer with RIAT 2008
• Performances at the Everyman Theatre in May
• The National Waterways Museum re-opens 24 May
• SPECIAL OFFER at the Cheltenham Chase Hotel
• Tewkesbury Food and Drink Festival – opens its doors this weekend.
• May School Holidays in Gloucestershire 2008
• Asparagus now ready at Primrose Vale & Over Farm
• Enjoy a round of golf at Shipton Golf Course
• Sports Relief re-run at Pittville Park this Sunday
• Listen to the 2008 Cheltenham Jazz Festival PodCast!
• World famous Shakespeare's Globe comes to Sudeley Castle
• Gloucester shouts about its future!
• 2008 Slimbridge Beer Festival
• Your chance to create the new Tewkesbury Smoothie!!!
• Tickets now on sale to the 2008 Cheltenham Science Festival
• NEW high quality maps of Gloucestershire now available!
• NEW 2008 printed guide now available!
• NEW 2008 Photography Competition - Gloucestershire at its Best!
• Do you want to sell your wares at Kemble Air Day 2008?
• What's on at The Everyman in April 2008
• April School Holidays in Gloucestershire 2008
• Last few tickets left for Howlers at the Hall
• Fabulous prizes in to be won April's Competition!
• NEW Cheltenham Food & Drink Festival in June 2008
• Reduced entry to Out of the Hat in Tewkesbury