Classical Music & Festive Fun this Christmas at Lodge Park in the Cotswolds
Christmas Concert: Saturday 5 December, 7pm-9pm
Father Christmas, Trails and Cheer: Saturday 12 - Sunday 13 December, 11am-4pm
If you want to experience a truly exceptional Christmas in the Cotswolds this year, then head for Lodge Park near Sherborne village. This 17th-century grandstand is yet an undiscovered gem for many National Trust visitors, but for Father Christmas it is his favourite stop on his festive tour. And why? Although he might not admit it himself, the Lodge has six great chimney flues and two magnificent fireplaces for his favourite entrance into the house!
He loves chatting to families who visit the Lodge, and rewards every child who completes a Christmas trail with a present. While the children are busy searching for the clues and answers to the trail, parents can have a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie, admire the 20-foot tall Christmas tree and the 17th- century halls decorated with traditional greenery. The gift shop is also open for stocking up with Christmas gifts.
Children can have a go at making their own Christmas decorations. If you want to indulge yourself, the little tea room is going to serve special spiced hot-chocolate.
‘The atmosphere in the Lodge at Christmas is absolutely wonderful’, says Sigute Barniskyte, Assistant Visitor Services Manager for the National Trust. ‘We decorate the halls with traditional greenery: ivy, holly, mistletoe; oranges, satsumas, candles, bells and ribbons, and, of course – the giant Christmas tree. With the Christmas music in the background it makes you feel really cosy and cheerful.
This year, to enhance the festive spirit, we have planned a Christmas Concert at the Lodge, with music from Christmas past, performed on historical instruments by the Galliarda ensemble. I heard them play last year and decided straight away that the Great Hall at the Lodge would be a perfect setting for their concert.’
So get into the festive spirit, listen to the Christmas concert ‘As It Fell on the Holie Eve’ music at the Lodge on Saturday 5 December at 7pm. £18/ticket includes mulled wine and mince pies. Booking essential due to limited places.
Follow the Christmas trail and receive your prize from Father Christmas when he visits Lodge Park on Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 December, 11am – 4pm. £2/trail, normal admission cost £12.50 for a family or £5 per adult and £2.80 per child applies.NT members free.
Lodge Park is situated near Sherborne village, 16 miles from Cheltenham, GL54 3PP.
For further information.
13 November 2009
• Have an enchanted Christmas at Westonbirt Arboretum
• Stagecoach buses Christmas and New Year timetables in Gloucestershire
• All aboard Santa Specials at Dean Forest Railway this Christmas
• Keane to play at Westonbirt Arboretum in 2010
• SPECIAL OFFER! Book your Xmas Cruise on the Edward Elgar NOW and save £'s!
• Will you be listening on 6 December? – The Star 107.5 Christmas Charity Auction
• SPECIAL CHRISTMAS IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE SECTION - now live!!!
• Classical Music & Festive Fun this Christmas at Lodge Park in the Cotswolds
• Review & Video: Winter Owl Evening at the International Centre for Birds of Prey
• Gloucestershire Farm Shops - The Big G’s Big Launch for local produce
• WIN a Gok Wan style makeover worth £500!
• Simply Red performing back at Westonbirt Arboretum in 2010
• Gloucester Quays Christmas Lights Switch on, Saturday 7 November
• A list of Firework Displays & Bonfire Nights in Gloucestershire 2009
• Christmas Adventures at The Brewery, Cheltenham
• The Oliver Cromwell Paddle Wheeler: New unique events venue in Gloucester Docks
• Get Spooky down at Gloucester Docks
• Tewkesbury given the green light to host a national cycling event in 2010.
• Gloucestershire at its Best! Enter your photo for your chance to win £250!
• Halloween fun at Prinknash Bird and Deer Park
• Latest news from Frightmare at Over Farm
• Poetry Cafe launched at Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museum
• Sudeley Castle to host exclusive Wedding Fair
• Tewkesbury Heritage and Visitor Centre wins environment award
• FREE Tickets for DEbassER at Gloucester Guildhall