REVIEW: The Haunting at The Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham
There's a tapping, a knocking, and then a high pitched scream!
It’s late at night and in an isolated crumbling country mansion high on the moors, a storm is gathering momentum. The scene is set for the strange happenings that are brought to the stage at The Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham in 'The Haunting'. This production has been adapted by Hugh Janes, from several ghost stories written by Charles Dickens, who grew up with a fascination of spirits and psychic phenomena.
Superb performances by Paul Nicholas and Sean Maguire capture the mood effortlessly in this classic ghost story.
A young book dealer David Filde (Maguire) has been commissioned by the Lord Gray (Nicholas) to catalogue the estate’s huge collection of books – some rare, some not, at his isolated mansion. Filde’s findings and experiences soon bring to light that all is not what it seems and a spine-tingling and ghostly story unfolds with an few unsuspected turns and a twist in the tale. This gripping tale keeps the audience on the edge of their seat, and with nervous laughs and spine-tingling gasps, the story begins to unfold. The mysterious happenings and secrets of the house are made more realistic with the classical stage scenery and lighting depicting the Victorian era.
Another great performance brought to the Everyman which left theatre goers deliberating the ending all the way to the car park.
The Haunting runs until Saturday 13 November.
- Event: The Haunting at The Everyman Theatre
- Date: Monday 8 - Saturday 13 November 2010
- Time: Mon - Fri 7.45pm, Sat 8pm, matinees Thu 2pm,Sat 2.30pm
- Tickets: from £11
- Where: The Everyman, Regent Street, Cheltenham, GL50 1HQ
On a different note we’re looking forward to a much lighter laugh, giggle and slap-stick performance later in November with the much anticipated, and a long awaited Panto – Cinderella.
For further information.
8 November 2010
• Canine capers at Westonbirt Arboretum
• Christmas Celebrations Afloat – So popular more dates added!
• NEW OFFER: 10% off at Taurus Crafts - Ideal for Christmas presents!
• Gloucestershire at its Best Photography Competition - Last chance to enter
• The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival crowned Tourism Event of the Year!
• The Tivoli pub in Cheltenham to have new lease of life after closure
• £15 Menu at The Wharf House - Last chance!
• Tourism Award for Treasure Trails
• SPECIAL CHRISTMAS IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE SECTION - now live!!!
• “Twist & Pulse to Switch on Gloucester Quays Christmas Lights This Thursday!”
• NEW OFFER: Free weeks pass at Barcelo Health & Leisure Club in Cheltenham
• Co-Opera Co. bring two of the most popular operas to the Everyman next week
• Gloucester's Zombie Thriller Video at Café René
• Follow Explore Gloucestershire on Twitter
• REVIEW: The Haunting at The Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham
• Swan Lake – For 3 Nights Only!
• Green Father Christmas to launch Westonbirt's Festive Fun
• Conservators protect mosaics from builders at Chedworth Roman Villa
• SPECIAL OFFER! 33% OFF Business Promotion with Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP & Website!
• STOP PRESS: The First iPhone APP for Gloucestershire!
• Double value parking at two major town centre car parks throughout December
• Tickets on sale now for Winter Wildlife Festival talks
• Explosive Entertainment at The Everyman Theatre: REVIEW
• Continental market returns to Cheltenham
• Half Term & Halloween in Gloucestershire
• Birthday Celebrations with tea and cake at Gloucester Folk Museum
• The All Your Life Celebrity Charity Ball ‘Party Only’ Tickets now available for £25
• NEW OFFER! FREE Makeover and Photoshoot with ALL YOUR LIFE
• Congratulations to The Wharf House Restaurant
• NEW OFFER! 4 Fabulous money saving vouchers at Café René in Gloucester
• Calypso Comes to Cheltenham!
• When do you think the first Bewick’s will arrive?
• 10% Off and Park for Free 6pm-8pm at Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet
• Winter Owl Evenings return to The International Centre for Birds of Prey Centre at Newent
• A message from Cafe Rene: "Calling all Zombies!!"