Canine capers at Westonbirt Arboretum
The popular Dog Days weekend returns to Westonbirt Arboretum, 26 and 27 February 2011
Westonbirt, The National Arboretum, which is managed by the Forestry Commission, will welcome back its canine companions on 26 and 27 February, when it hosts the popular Dog Days weekend.
This year, the search will be on for the prettiest and most handsome pooches when the Scruffts crossbreed dog show returns.
Two guided walks around Westonbirt’s dog-friendly Silk Wood will take place each day, hot drinks and food will be on offer and visitors will be met with stalls, demonstrations, arena displays and specialists providing expert advice on dog nutrition and wellbeing.
Other event favourites include the Swifts flyball display, the Westonbirt Dog Show and the Cani-cross race. The Tailwaggers Club will host the dog Olympics and the Tailwaggers Club display.
Simon Hough, Westonbirt’s events business manager commented:
“Westonbirt Arboretum is popular with dog lovers, with many visitors and their pets exploring the 400 acres of Silk Wood each day. Events like Dog Days celebrate our four-legged friends and help us to provide our dog facilities throughout the year.”
Admission is £7 for adults, £6 concessions and £3 children. Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum go free.
20 November 2010
For further information.
• Canine capers at Westonbirt Arboretum
• Christmas Celebrations Afloat – So popular more dates added!
• NEW OFFER: 10% off at Taurus Crafts - Ideal for Christmas presents!
• Gloucestershire at its Best Photography Competition - Last chance to enter
• The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival crowned Tourism Event of the Year!
• The Tivoli pub in Cheltenham to have new lease of life after closure
• £15 Menu at The Wharf House - Last chance!
• Tourism Award for Treasure Trails
• SPECIAL CHRISTMAS IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE SECTION - now live!!!
• “Twist & Pulse to Switch on Gloucester Quays Christmas Lights This Thursday!”
• NEW OFFER: Free weeks pass at Barcelo Health & Leisure Club in Cheltenham
• Co-Opera Co. bring two of the most popular operas to the Everyman next week
• Gloucester's Zombie Thriller Video at Café René
• Follow Explore Gloucestershire on Twitter
• REVIEW: The Haunting at The Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham
• Swan Lake – For 3 Nights Only!
• Green Father Christmas to launch Westonbirt's Festive Fun
• Conservators protect mosaics from builders at Chedworth Roman Villa
• SPECIAL OFFER! 33% OFF Business Promotion with Explore Gloucestershire iPhone APP & Website!
• STOP PRESS: The First iPhone APP for Gloucestershire!
• Double value parking at two major town centre car parks throughout December
• Tickets on sale now for Winter Wildlife Festival talks
• Explosive Entertainment at The Everyman Theatre: REVIEW
• Continental market returns to Cheltenham
• Half Term & Halloween in Gloucestershire
• Birthday Celebrations with tea and cake at Gloucester Folk Museum
• The All Your Life Celebrity Charity Ball ‘Party Only’ Tickets now available for £25
• NEW OFFER! FREE Makeover and Photoshoot with ALL YOUR LIFE
• Congratulations to The Wharf House Restaurant
• NEW OFFER! 4 Fabulous money saving vouchers at Café René in Gloucester
• Calypso Comes to Cheltenham!
• When do you think the first Bewick’s will arrive?
• 10% Off and Park for Free 6pm-8pm at Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet
• Winter Owl Evenings return to The International Centre for Birds of Prey Centre at Newent
• A message from Cafe Rene: "Calling all Zombies!!"