Adam Henson to officially launch Harts Barn Farm Shop and Cookery School
The new Harts Barn Farm Shop and Cookery School will be officially opened by TV presenter, Adam Henson on Saturday 11th June. This exciting launch event will be celebrated by an afternoon open to all, offering: great local foods, live music, cider tasting, craft stalls, pig roast and cookery demonstrations and the opportunity to meet Adam Henson. Come and join us for this unique day from 1.30pm to 4.30 pm.
The Harts Barn Farm Shop will specialise in selling products from producers based throughout the Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire, including the Harts Barn Farm. The shop contains a wonderful working 17th Century cider press and horse driven cider mill which will be used for seasonal demonstration days. The Harts Barn Cookery School will be offering courses and demonstrations throughout the year, many of which will incorporate locally sourced ingredients and produce. It will be offering a range of courses, clubs, demos and activities for everyone, from the businessman to the Brownie, including parties! A full course list can be seen at www.hartsbarncookeryschool.co.uk.
Harts Barn near Mitcheldean was originally opened by Sir Harvey Jones in 1996 and has gradually developed to form a unique centre with Arts and Crafts, an award winning Tea Room, Pets Barn Vet Centre and Business Centre. At its heart is a magnificent Norman hunting lodge, one of the oldest properties in the Forest of Dean, built by William Duke of Normandy (1068). The new addition of the Harts Barn Cookery School and Farm shop was part financed by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA).
The Harts Barn Centre embraces sustainable energy and the whole site is run on a bio-mass heating system run from coppiced timber from the farm at Harts Barn. It has just been awarded the Forester Green Business of the Year 2011.
For further information.
6 June 2011
• Pirates Invade the Dean Heritage Centre
• Renaissance Music at Lodge Park, Gloucestershire
• The £3 million restoration of the Everyman Theatre almost complete
• Shot in Cheltenham - Photographs from the past
• Celebrate Forest Discovery Day at Westonbirt
• Gloucester Cathedral wins praise for innovation in quality visitor attraction award
• Record-breaking early sales for The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival 2011
• Gloucester City Museum Official Opening
• ’Garden of the future’ has opened at Slimbridge
• New activity attraction in the Forest of Dean
• Everyman Out There! The New Young Company Launches
• KIDS GO FREE this summer with the National Trust
• Local musicians, poets & artists join Treefest at Westonbirt
• Harts Barn to host first Plum Festival for the Forest of Dean
• The Times Cheltenham Literature Festival 2011 - details announced
• Award winning garden will open come rain or shine at WWT Slimbridge
• Blackfriars Priory opens its doors to visitors
• Cheltenham Horse Parade - Fine Form Exhibition
• World’s rarest piglets make their debut... Warts and all!
• Grant helps Chedworth Roman Villa development
• Stars Shine at Air Tattoo
• Launch of 'LOVE YOUR ZOO' & 'ON YOUR DOORSTEP' at ICBP
• WORLD FIRST: Spoon-billed sandpiper chicks hatch in captivity
• Get back to nature this summer with Treefest at Westonbirt
• NEW OFFER: Free cuppa at Magicland in Cirencester
• Cheltenham's Everyman Theatre Restoration – Well under way!
• £3m makeover for top Hallmark Gloucester Hotel
• REVIEW: High ropes in the Forest of Dean with MOTIVA
• Comic Legend to re-open Everyman Theatre!
• FREE OFFER listings available for Gloucestershire businesses!
• New arrivals at Cotswold Wildlife Park!
• Screen star Emma Samms to join cast of Everyman pantomime
• City Council Announces 75th Annual Gloucester Carnival
• James Hunt Exhibition at the Cotswold Motoring Museum
• AWARD WINNER 2011: Cotswold Wildlife Park
• NEW OFFER: Free cup of tea at Primrose Vale PYO
• Luxury cinema comes to The Brewery in Cheltenham
• Vulcan Bomber returns to the 2011 Air Tattoo
• Fantastic flying kicks off RIAT Media launch
• Big boost to Cotswold Water Park near Cirencester
• Adam Henson to officially launch Harts Barn Farm Shop and Cookery School