David Beckham Acadmy at the Cotswold Show
The David Beckham Academy, is bringing some of the UK’s leading football coaches to this year's Cotswold Show, at Cirencester Park on the 7th and 8th of July. The Volkswagen Touran stand will be offering children (aged 5 - 15 years old) and their parents the chance to partake in a series of exciting footballing and educational activities.
Families visiting the Cotswold Show will have the chance to enjoy sessions with The David Beckham Academy coaches, focusing on practical and physical football activities. There will also be an interactive educational area with questions relating to football, physiotherapy and fitness along with a fun puzzle to guess the number of footballs squeezed into a Touran. All children who take part will also receive a free gift.
The Volkswagen Touran seven-seater is a true family car and the ideal vehicle to provide safe and enjoyable transport for all the family to their favourite activities. It will be offering all those taking part in the sessions the chance to win a trip to Los Angeles. The prize, for two adults and two children and will include five nights accommodation and three days at The David Beckham Academy summer camp in Los Angeles. One runner-up will receive a trip for one adult and two children to The David Beckham Academy in Greenwich to attend a 1 day summer camp. This includes a contribution towards travel and an overnight stay.
Volkswagen spokesperson Morna Steel said, “With Volkswagen’s support, each year 10,000 school children aged 8 to 15 can attend The David Beckham Academy's School Day Visit programme free of charge. By bringing The David Beckham Academy coaches to the Cotswold Show more children can get a taste of this unique family experience.”
The School Day Visit to The David Beckham Academy offers school children, regardless of ability, the opportunity to participate in a day of activities based around football skills and healthy living, as well as encouraging positive attitudes to sport and exercise in general. Volkswagen has provided 12 minibuses to transport schools to and from The David Beckham Academy, allowing access to the School Day Programme for children who may otherwise not be able to attend. In addition The David Beckham Academy coaches have been provided with Tourans for use in connection with the Academy.
Alongside the School Day Visit scheme, The David Beckham Academy has also created an online resource tool, with the support of Volkswagen Touran, for teachers and schools across the country. Designed by experts and supported by the Department for Education and Schools, the ‘School Zone’ offers a unique and extensive set of teaching resources on football, health and fitness.
For further information.
• Linking up with STAR 107.5FM
• Eating out with a difference at AV8 Restaurant
• Gloucester Tall Ships 2007
• The Glory of the Flower by LAPADA
• Heritage Open Days 6 - 9 September
• Photography Competition - WIN a Digital Photo Frame!
• New Aviaries at Birdland Park & Gardens
• £5 off your family ticket at Dean Forest Railway
• WIN TICKETS TO HOWLERS COMEDY CLUB
• HOWLERS COMEDY CLUB - New Autumn season dates
• SPECIAL OFFER - Promote your event for only £10 pcm
• Watch our movie of the Gloucestershire Floods of 2007
• Chocolate heaven at The Chase Hotel
• Events Cancellation & Updates
• Gloucester Blues Festival UPDATE
• Joust Cancelled 28 & 29 July 2007
• Flooding Situation - Emergency Services Update
• Flooding Situation - Emergency Services Update Tuesday 24 July 2007
• Gloucester Carnival Procession 2007 cancelled
• Joust cancelled for 21-22 July 2007
• Elton Farm Giant Maize Mazes
• NEW Severn Vale section added
• Royal International Air Tattoo 2007 Review
• Explore goes karting in Gloucester
• CATS - Get your paws on tickets for the closing shows
• David Beckham Acadmy at the Cotswold Show
• Joust Update & Joust Royal Feasts
• Saul Canal Festival Cancelled
• Pick Your Own Strawberries
• Kemble Air Day 2007 review - A great day out!
• Explore celebrates half million hits each month
• Last Howlers of the Season
• Host Birthplace Museum Secures Holst Letters
• Gloucester International Rhythm & Blues Festival Update
More about banner advertising