UPDATE: Gloucester Tall Ships 2007 - 26-29 October
During the final weekend of half term we will be privileged to get an insight into how Gloucester could have looked over 100 years ago. From 26 - 29 October, Gloucester Docks will be hosting the Tall Ships 2007 Festival, a four day celebration of the Age of Sail in Britains’ most inland port.
The weekend begins on Friday 26 when five tall ships will sail up the Sharpness and Gloucester Canal from Sharpness into Gloucester Docks. These have been confirmed as the Kathleen & May, Johanna Lucretia, The Ruth, The Earl of Pembroke and The Phoenix. The Llanthony Bridge will be raised between 11.30am and 12.30am as the ships pass through in a parade of sails which will be followed by a weekend of fun and celebration.
Saturday evening will see the ships lit up revealing their magestic glory in a truly spectacular fashion with accompanying live music on The Docks.
On Sunday, you can wander around the Docks and appreciate these beautiful tall ships in one of their natural habitats. On a sadder note this may be the last time the Kathleen & May is seen in this country as unless funding can be found she will reluctantly have to be sold. Representatives of The Friends of Kathleen and May will be on board in Gloucester, campaigning to keep the ship in this country and asking all visitors to sign their petition.
18 October 2007
Gloucester Tall Ships Festival 2007 flyer
For further information.
• Fresh Seasonal Food at Primrose Vale
• 10% OFF balloon flights over the Cotswolds!!!
• Tourism Award for Dick Whittington Family Leisure Park
• What's on at The Everyman in December 2007
• WIN a mountain bike with Ballyhoo & Fundays Playbarns!
• Tewkesbury makes shopping fun this Christmas
• German Style Christmas Market returns to Cheltenham
• ‘The Elf Factor’ comes to Cheltenham!
• Your guide to Gloucestershire Christmas lights switch-on dates
• Christmas celebration in Tewkesbury 2007
• Out of the Hat to open on 8 December
• Stagecoach & Robins winning quote
• Richard Fleeshman to turn on the Christmas lights in Cheltenham 2007
• National Waterways Museum shutting for re-furbishment
• REVIEW: Gloucester Tall Ships Festival 2007
• Christmas in Gloucestershire 2007
• Elizabeth: The Golden Age - The Gloucester connection
• November COMPETITION - Great prizes to be won!
• Whats on at the Everyman Theatre in November 2007
• Bonfire Nights & Fireworks Displays in Gloucestershire
• UPDATE: Gloucester Tall Ships 2007 - 26-29 October
• Autumn half term holidays in Gloucestershire
• WANTED: Old medical equipment for Jenner Museum
• The Cafe Rene Experience - Food Review
• G2 gig delayed - Rugby to be shown live before performance
• Photography Competition - Setting the standards!
• Highlights at the 4th LAPADA Antiques Fair