Christmas in Gloucestershire 2007
The leaves are falling and so is the temperature, and before too long the panic will set in - CHRISTMAS!!!
Well to help you out this year, Explore Gloucestershire have been busy compiling lists to make your Christmas in the county easier for 2007.
Whether you're looking for Father Christmas in Gloucestershire at Tewkesbury, Cheltenham and Cirencester or wondering if Santa Clause has a grotto in a cave in the Forest of Dean, on a boat in Gloucester or with Santa's Special train rides, we have a wide range of places where the jolly fellow in red could be.
Last year we were able to help you locate the switching on of Christmas lights in Gloucestershire and this year our list is bigger with more towns in the Cotswolds. There's a Victorian late night in Bourton-on-the-Water, Christmas spirit in Chipping Campden, festive fun in Fairford, illuminations in Lechlade, a magical, merry time in Moreton-in-Marsh, Cirencester Xmas lights, Christkindl evening in Nailsworth and finally entertainment in Tetbury. We think we have all the Christmas lights switching on dates for Gloucestershire in 2007.
There are also Christmas Fairs a plenty (a great one in Stow-on-the-Wold), many activities and things to do during the winter holidays including ice skating in Gloucester at Kings Square and festive frolics and entertainment.
We have a compehensive list of all the Panto's in Gloucestershire and hilarious nights with Howlers Comedy Club to name but a few. If you're stuck for a place to eat this Christmas, our eating out guide may help you decide which restaurant or pub may be the best place for you, your family or fellow work mates.
We've also introduced a page with details for Christmas gift ideas with a difference, including hot-air ballooning vouchers, learning to drive a steam train or animal adoption presents.
We have details of Christmas shopping in Gloucestershire at various shopping centres and fayres in the county with a whole list of times of late night shopping and opening hours of pharmacies - just in case!
Finally if you wish to join choir singers or a see one of the many Christmas carol concerts there's a full range of events and evening entertainment including a collection of traditional musical gems at Gloucester Cathedral, Berkeley Castle and Tewkesbury Abbey.
Here are some questions with links to the pages which hold the answers which will help you find what you're after...
Promote your Christmas event, actvity, choir concert, fair and businesses to a captive audience of thousands.
For further information.
30 October 2007
• Fresh Seasonal Food at Primrose Vale
• 10% OFF balloon flights over the Cotswolds!!!
• Tourism Award for Dick Whittington Family Leisure Park
• What's on at The Everyman in December 2007
• WIN a mountain bike with Ballyhoo & Fundays Playbarns!
• Tewkesbury makes shopping fun this Christmas
• German Style Christmas Market returns to Cheltenham
• ‘The Elf Factor’ comes to Cheltenham!
• Your guide to Gloucestershire Christmas lights switch-on dates
• Christmas celebration in Tewkesbury 2007
• Out of the Hat to open on 8 December
• Stagecoach & Robins winning quote
• Richard Fleeshman to turn on the Christmas lights in Cheltenham 2007
• National Waterways Museum shutting for re-furbishment
• REVIEW: Gloucester Tall Ships Festival 2007
• Christmas in Gloucestershire 2007
• Elizabeth: The Golden Age - The Gloucester connection
• November COMPETITION - Great prizes to be won!
• Whats on at the Everyman Theatre in November 2007
• Bonfire Nights & Fireworks Displays in Gloucestershire
• UPDATE: Gloucester Tall Ships 2007 - 26-29 October
• Autumn half term holidays in Gloucestershire
• WANTED: Old medical equipment for Jenner Museum
• The Cafe Rene Experience - Food Review
• G2 gig delayed - Rugby to be shown live before performance
• Photography Competition - Setting the standards!
• Highlights at the 4th LAPADA Antiques Fair