FREE Tickets for DEbassER at Gloucester Guildhall
To celebrate the launch of the new monthly dance club night 'DEbassER' at Gloucester Guildhall, Explore Gloucestershire have 10 tickets to give away.
Email your name, age and telephone number and address* to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Your details will NOT be passed on to any third party.
DEbassER. Over the coming months, we'll be bringing some of the top names from the world of dance, drum and bass and electro. And who better to kick it all off, then the frontman of Mercury and Grammy award nominees Hot Chip, Alexis Taylor? As well as being one of the most respected dance bands, all the members of Hot Chip regularly DJ all over the world, to great acclaim. This will be a night to remember.
Hot Chip are a worldwide phenomenon in the worlds of both dance and indie, with albums achieving massive sales both in the UK and US. They began life self-releasing singles before catching the eye of trendy London label Moshi Moshi (who have also released the likes of Bloc Party, Florence and the Machine, Kate Nash etc.) and releasing debut album Coming On Strong. This brought them to the attention of EMI and US dance label DFA (home of LCD Soundsystem).
With backing from EMI and DFA, the second album ‘The Warning’ was released in 2006. This really made the group a household name, with two singles charting in the top 40 and ‘Over and Over’ being named Single of the Year by NME. The album was nominated by the Mercury Music Prize and named Mixmag Album of the Year. The follow-up, ‘Made In The Dark’ appeared in February last year, and lead single ‘Ready For The Floor’ entered the charts and number 6.
As well as achieving great success with releases and on the live circuit, HOT CHIP are also very highly respected DJs and remixers, having remixed a host of international acts including Amy Winehouse, Kraftwerk, Queens of the Stone Age, Gorillaz and Scissor Sisters. We can’t wait for Alexis to take to the decks at the Guildhall….
- Friday 2nd October. Tickets £10 adv. - £12 otd. 18+. Standing.
For tickets visit Gloucester Guildhall’s Box Office, call 01452 503050 or book online at www.gloucester.gov.uk/guildhall
For further information.
10 September 2009
• Have an enchanted Christmas at Westonbirt Arboretum
• Stagecoach buses Christmas and New Year timetables in Gloucestershire
• All aboard Santa Specials at Dean Forest Railway this Christmas
• Keane to play at Westonbirt Arboretum in 2010
• SPECIAL OFFER! Book your Xmas Cruise on the Edward Elgar NOW and save £'s!
• Will you be listening on 6 December? – The Star 107.5 Christmas Charity Auction
• SPECIAL CHRISTMAS IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE SECTION - now live!!!
• Classical Music & Festive Fun this Christmas at Lodge Park in the Cotswolds
• Review & Video: Winter Owl Evening at the International Centre for Birds of Prey
• Gloucestershire Farm Shops - The Big G’s Big Launch for local produce
• WIN a Gok Wan style makeover worth £500!
• Simply Red performing back at Westonbirt Arboretum in 2010
• Gloucester Quays Christmas Lights Switch on, Saturday 7 November
• A list of Firework Displays & Bonfire Nights in Gloucestershire 2009
• Christmas Adventures at The Brewery, Cheltenham
• The Oliver Cromwell Paddle Wheeler: New unique events venue in Gloucester Docks
• Get Spooky down at Gloucester Docks
• Tewkesbury given the green light to host a national cycling event in 2010.
• Gloucestershire at its Best! Enter your photo for your chance to win £250!
• Halloween fun at Prinknash Bird and Deer Park
• Latest news from Frightmare at Over Farm
• Poetry Cafe launched at Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museum
• Sudeley Castle to host exclusive Wedding Fair
• Tewkesbury Heritage and Visitor Centre wins environment award
• FREE Tickets for DEbassER at Gloucester Guildhall