Simply Red performing back at Westonbirt Arboretum in 2010
One of the most popular bands of the past 25 years, Simply Red, has announced a series of dates in spectacular woodland locations next summer as part of Forestry Commission Live Music.
Fronted by the unmistakable Mick Hucknall, a catalogue of hit singles like ‘Holding Back The Years’, ‘Something Got Me Started’, ‘If You Don’t Know Me By Now’, ‘For Your Babies’, ‘Fairground’, ‘Angel’, ‘Sunrise’ and ‘Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye’ established Simply Red’s superstar status across the globe. Classic albums like ‘Picture Book’, ‘A New Flame’, ‘Stars’, ‘Blue’ and ‘Home’ formed part of the record collection for a whole generation.
Commenting on the concerts, Mick Hucknall for Simply Red said, “As we had such fun performing a solo forest show at Westonbirt Arboretum this year, we decided it would be great to play all the forest concert venues around the country in 2010. It is a fantastic experience for a band to play in these unique settings".
Forestry Commission Live Music pays for itself and any profit generated goes back into improving woodlands for both wildlife and the public to enjoy.
- Event: Simply Red in Concert
- When: Saturday 19 June 2010
- Tickets: £38.00 (subject to booking fee) go on sale at 9.00am Friday 6th November 2009 from ticket hotline tel 01842 814612 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- Where: Westonbirt Arboretum, Nr Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Simply Red will also be performing at:
- Thetford Forest, Nr Brandon, Suffolk, Friday 11th June
- Bedgebury Pinetum & Forest, Nr Goudhurst, Kent, Saturday 12th June
- Sherwood Pines Forest Park, Nr Edwinstowe, Nottinghamshire Friday 18th June
For further information.
2 November 2009
• Have an enchanted Christmas at Westonbirt Arboretum
• Stagecoach buses Christmas and New Year timetables in Gloucestershire
• All aboard Santa Specials at Dean Forest Railway this Christmas
• Keane to play at Westonbirt Arboretum in 2010
• SPECIAL OFFER! Book your Xmas Cruise on the Edward Elgar NOW and save £'s!
• Will you be listening on 6 December? – The Star 107.5 Christmas Charity Auction
• SPECIAL CHRISTMAS IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE SECTION - now live!!!
• Classical Music & Festive Fun this Christmas at Lodge Park in the Cotswolds
• Review & Video: Winter Owl Evening at the International Centre for Birds of Prey
• Gloucestershire Farm Shops - The Big G’s Big Launch for local produce
• WIN a Gok Wan style makeover worth £500!
• Simply Red performing back at Westonbirt Arboretum in 2010
• Gloucester Quays Christmas Lights Switch on, Saturday 7 November
• A list of Firework Displays & Bonfire Nights in Gloucestershire 2009
• Christmas Adventures at The Brewery, Cheltenham
• The Oliver Cromwell Paddle Wheeler: New unique events venue in Gloucester Docks
• Get Spooky down at Gloucester Docks
• Tewkesbury given the green light to host a national cycling event in 2010.
• Gloucestershire at its Best! Enter your photo for your chance to win £250!
• Halloween fun at Prinknash Bird and Deer Park
• Latest news from Frightmare at Over Farm
• Poetry Cafe launched at Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museum
• Sudeley Castle to host exclusive Wedding Fair
• Tewkesbury Heritage and Visitor Centre wins environment award
• FREE Tickets for DEbassER at Gloucester Guildhall