Winner of the 2009 Explore Gloucestershire Photography Competition
The 2009 Jessops 'Gloucestershire at its Best' photography competition was the best ever. Not only with the hundreds of entries, but the overall quality of the photographs too.
It was a hard to find a photograph that depicted something special about Gloucestershire, but the responsibility for this went to Oli and Jane at Cotswold Weddings, as such a hard decision was best left to the professionals.
After shortlisting the shortlist of the shortlist, the winner was Robert Wolstenholme from Malmesbury.
Robert, who works near Stroud, took the below image of a cow with her calf at Saltridge Wood, in the Cotswold Commons and Beechwoods National Nature Reserve. Taken on an autumn evening with the sun setting, Robert really captured the warmth, and welcoming beauty of this quintessential Cotswold scene, looking down the Painswick Valley.
Robert thoroughly deserves the first prize of £250 of Jessops Vouchers.
The 2010 Explore Gloucestershire at its Best Photography Competition opens to all again from 1st April 2010, so if you think you can better Robert's photograph, then get snapping and send them in.
For further information.
1 February 2010
• 2010 Coopers Hill Cheese Rolling CANCELLED
• Coracle fun at WWT Slimbridge
• Curtain rises on Gloucester Quays Beauty Theatre
• No Gloucester Tall Ships Festival in 2010
• Air Tattoo offers something for the weekend
• Red Arrows return to their ‘spiritual home’ for two-day flying spectacular.
• 2010 Printed Guide out this month!
• SPECIAL Springtime Holiday Cruise Offers!!!
• New Herbal healing Garden at Sudeley
• The Wharf House bedrooms are finally READY!
• February 2010 Half Term Holiday Activities in Gloucestershire
• Tewkesbury Food & Drink Festival Programme Launched
• Full programme announced for the Barclays Cheltenham Jazz Festival 2010
• Air Tattoo Concerts set to take off
• Homecoming of sorts for rare duck at WWT Slimbridge
• New accomodation at The Wharf House at Over
• Cotswolds Connect - the social networking site for the Cotswolds
• Winner of the 2009 Explore Gloucestershire Photography Competition
• Air Tattoo offers 'Earlybirds' big savings - offer ends 28 Feb!
• Sleeping Beauty - another record breaking year
• Latest news on Cheltenham's Festivals for 2010
• Wildlife Photographer of the Year Exhibition
• Status Quo announce Westonbirt concert for the summer
• RIAT 2010 set for MIG-nificent display!
• Winter wonderland at Westonbirt Arboretum
• Tradestand bookings now open at the 2010 Cotswold Air Show
• Enter your winter snaps of Gloucestershire for your chance to win £250 Jessops vouchers!
• Watch the penguins in the snow at Birdland Park & Gardens